Have 562XP - miss my MS 441 and looking at MS 461 ported by someone on this forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys crank me up.

who here cuts more then a fe cord a year?

getting tired of all the work:msp_smile:

Heck no.....not at all. Just warning the poor guy. Once a feller runs a well ported saw.....stock saws won't turn him on anymore. Poor guy will never be the same.

you guys crank me up.

who here cuts more then a fe cord a year?

I probably cut 20 cord last winter.

I probably cut 20 cord last winter.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's only a few aint it? :msp_wink:

Keeping the 562XP and running with the 461

I was planning on running the 562xp and running the 461 together. 20" on the 562xp and 24" on the 461.

From what you have said it looks like the 461 won't be able to handle a 24" bar.

My 562Xp was ported from someone on this site and they did a fabulous job. The 562 is amazing, but the 441 had some nice grunt. The 441 did have a muffler mod, but was not ported. It had to warm up because it wasn't MTronic.

If the 461 doesn't have a long warm up time and more grunt than the 441, then I may be interested in a ported version.

Ported 461 running around $1,500 these days?

Definitely not mdavlee

What:eek:

I cut 2 cord out of my yard. I did get to cut a couple trees up with some 461s that Randy had ported. I probably cut 10-15 cord for people in the winter.

A 461 should handle a 32" pretty easily.

Last edited:
I have no idea how many cord i cut a year but its not even firewood its all chipped or turned to mulch so it don't matter.

Sent from my AutoTune carb

Ms 461 $1,050 vs 441 $909

Why would someone get a 441 when they could spend $150 and get a 461. What is a typical cost on a port and muffler mod?

Most of the guys doing porting has the price in their signatures.

Just don't look into the 390xp, its less than a half pound more.. Larger fuel and oil tank, more power & less vibes.

My personal conflict this week is 461R or 390xpw.

Heck no.....not at all. Just warning the poor guy. Once a feller runs a well ported saw.....stock saws won't turn him on anymore. Poor guy will never be the same.

Yes, Randy makes a valid point. My Non-ported saws no longer have the same appeal that they once did....I'm already making plans to correct the problem.:msp_sneaky:

+1 on the ported 390. I was nearly late for work yesterday hard time putting it down.
Stock the 390 struck me as "Not overly impressive", now that it's ported is a different animal
completely. Now to find me some monster wood to get a feel for what she's capable of...

Just don't look into the 390xp, its less than a half pound more.. Larger fuel and oil tank, more power & less vibes.

...and can be had for less money:rock:. I've not found a Stihl dealer yet that will budge off list price.

...and can be had for less money:rock:. I've not found a Stihl dealer yet that will budge off list price.

That's the biggest holdup on getting a 461 for me. I can get a 390xpw or 2188 wrap for less than a 461 wrap.

Back