Have any Husky dealers got a 576 XP in yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to clear a couple of things up for you guys. The 576 IS going to out-cut the 372 and the 575. That was the purpose of making it. With that being said, it is an animal and with some mods, it should be sick. The 372 and the 575 are both either out, or on their way out.

In regards to mail order Husky. They can be sold through the mail, by internet, and any other way that you can think of. The only thing you can't do (as a dealer) is advertise the price of the saw below the preset minimum by Husqvarna. There are loop holes in this of course. Prices CAN be discussed over the phone or by private email.

I hope this clears up some things for you guys. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

-Kevin

Kevin, you better take another look at the dealer agreement.

Is it possible

Spike.is it possible for you to quote the latest dealer agreement language without running amuck?

Also did the 576's end up with the injection or not

I bought a new Husky in 05 mail order and the dealer is still mail ordering them today, so I don't know what gives.

Before everyone jumps the gun, I checked with my closest (40miles) stocking (yeah right) dealer. He didnt have one, didn't act like he cared to order one and I saved $100 by mail ordering and had it in 2 days.

Kevin, you better take another look at the dealer agreement.

I did. I can't advertise lower than they say, but I can certainly send one out to somebody if need be. There may be different regulations for dealers that are on different levels. My dealership has the top rating. I dunno if that makes a difference, but I am sure that I can conduct a sale as previously stated.

I did. I can't advertise lower than they say, but I can certainly send one out to somebody if need be. There may be different regulations for dealers that are on different levels. My dealership has the top rating. I dunno if that makes a difference, but I am sure that I can conduct a sale as previously stated.

I also have the "top rating", but it makes no difference as the policies are the same for all dealers.

Notice I said "policies" as in plural. The information you have stated is correct as stated in the "Minimum advertised price policy"

What I am talking about is the "Internet and Catalog Policy". It is a separate document that came out at the same time as the MAP one. You must have received a copy; we all did. Unless they've changed it, it very much restricts the type of sales you describe.

Now, I haven't exactly been following the spirit of this policy myself, but you need to be careful here.

Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call. Where in NY are you?

Now lets not have a dealer spat here on line... just give us an ArboristSite discount when we email an order from this board and....no one but you and your customer has to know what the final price point was...right?

I also have the "top rating", but it makes no difference as the policies are the same for all dealers.

Notice I said "policies" as in plural. The information you have stated is correct as stated in the "Minimum advertised price policy"

What I am talking about is the "Internet and Catalog Policy". It is a separate document that came out at the same time as the MAP one. You must have received a copy; we all did. Unless they've changed it, it very much restricts the type of sales you describe.

Now, I haven't exactly been following the spirit of this policy myself, but you need to be careful here.

Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call. Where in NY are you?
As I mentioned above, I'm not an attorney, but a company can't restrict or prohibit a dealer from selling their property any way or anywhere the dealer wants. Husky can write all the policies they want, but they're not legally binding. You can't write a contract that breaks US contract law.

Now lets not have a dealer spat here on line... just give us an ArboristSite discount when we email an order from this board and....no one but you and your customer has to know what the final price point was...right?

No spat, just a discussion. Buuuut, a death match would be kinda fun! :D

I thought net sales was a no-no. If Baileys could not sell them on the net, who can? They had to be the biggest husky dealer around.....

:popcorn:

As I mentioned above, I'm not an attorney, but a company can't restrict or prohibit a dealer from selling their property any way or anywhere the dealer wants. Husky can write all the policies they want, but they're not legally binding. You can't write a contract that breaks US contract law.

That may or may not be true. But what they (Husky) can do is cancel you as a dealer for doing it if they tell you not to... It is their product you are selling. And another thing, most Husky inventory (whole goods) dealers stock are not owned but basicly "floored" by GE financing for quailfied dealers. That means that most inventory is not owned by the dealers anyhow.

Last edited:

You can indeed write a contract that breaks U.S. 'contract law' (whatever that is), and it's done every day and in every way. Will that part of the contract be enforcable in state or federal court? Likely not.

But a company can absolutely restrict a dealer from selling their property anyway or anywhere. It's called a 'policy,' which you pointed out. Because if that dealer is found to be in violation of Husky's policies, it's a very simple solution: no more saws from Husky. If you don't like Husky's policy, then you can be a dealer for Dolmar. (Except they have the same policy.) Or Stihl. (Except they have the same policy.) Or Jonsered. (Except they have the same policy.) Or...

So if you don't like Husky's dealer policy, there's a simple solution. Who was it that said, "If you don't like pinstripes, perhaps you shoudn't play for the Yankees"?

That may or may not be true. But what they (Husky) can do is cancel you as a dealer for doing it if they tell you not to... It is their product you are selling. And another thing, most Husky inventory (whole goods) dealers stock are not owned but basicaly "floored" by GE financing for quailfied dealers. That means that most inventory is not owned by the dealers anyhow.
Nope, can't do that without paying the dealer all the lost profits till the end of time. You can't limit where someone can sell, no matter how much you want to. If you cancel a dealership because they won't comply with something you have no legal right to require you are going to find the Fed's knocking on your door for violating the RICO (SP?) Act. Something they take very seriously. It qualifies as racketeering. It's generally handled as a civil matter, but it can ultimately be treated as a criminal violation.

The fact that Bailey's got a letter and decided to bail on Husky doesn't mean squat. It just means they decided they would rather quit than fight. Fighting has an expense. If you hold up a liquor store and the owner never calls the police, did you still commit a crime? You bet you did.

Whether a third party is involved in flooring inventory means nothing either. The inventory is no longer owned by Husqvarna. It's owned by the dealer with a lien from the finance company. Husky has no right to come in a seize their saws because a dealer violated their policy. Once title passes the property can be sold anywhere, subject to compliance with the laws of the United States.

Last edited:
Nope, can't do that without paying the dealer all the lost profits till the end of time. You can't limit where someone can sell, no matter how much you want to. If you cancel a dealership because they won't comply with something you have no legal right to require you are going to find the Fed's knocking on your door for violating the RICO (SP?) Act. Something they take very seriously. It qualifies as racketeering. It's generally handled as a civil matter, but it can ultimately be treated as a criminal violation.

No offense, but you have donut idea what you are talking about.

You can indeed write a contract that breaks U.S. 'contract law' (whatever that is), and it's done every day and in every way. Will that part of the contract be enforceable in state or federal court? Likely not.
True. But an unenforceable clause is as worthless as the paper it's written on.

But a company can absolutely restrict a dealer from selling their property anyway or anywhere. It's called a 'policy,' which you pointed out. Because if that dealer is found to be in violation of Husky's policies, it's a very simple solution: no more saws from Husky. If you don't like Husky's policy, then you can be a dealer for Dolmar. (Except they have the same policy.) Or Stihl. (Except they have the same policy.) Or Jonsered. (Except they have the same policy.) Or...
False. A recent court case determined that no company can make this type of restriction. Because of that any company that cancels a dealership because of violating a policy that it cannot legally force upon an American business, the offending company would find itself civilly liable for the lost profits and all expenses to recover them. All restrictions, policies, etc. that make this requirement are null and void. Unfortunately, fighting this out in court is generally a David vs. Goliath situation, but it's still possible for David to come out on top.

Back