Have any Husky dealers got a 576 XP in yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a story going around nowdays thats true. Rental center business. Man walked in and wanted a Stihl pole prunner to rent. The rental man is busy with other customers so he gets it for the guy, makes him sign the rental agreement and asks him if he knows how to use the machine. The renter says yes, no problem. The guy working the counter gives it to him and goes and waits on other people.

Later that day the guy that was using that prunner hit an electric wire and is dead. The family of the deceased now want action. They get a lawyer to sue Stihl. Stihl is not at fault so they go after the rental center. They're issue is the rental man did not show the guy how to correctly use the tool and did not give him a manual with any instructions.

Conclusion of this story, the rental center man wound up blowing his brains out because he could not afford to fight the family in court. True story. Policies matter and its best to follow them to cover your hide....

Now THAT is a pretty sobering story. So was the hypothetical one about the 16 year old kid.

I think I would have rather shot the lawyer than myself though.:censored:

I was just curious. Putting his order in the system before or after Dec 1st will mean a $40 difference on the dealer cost of the 372, (along with the 576).

On a related note, Jonsered prices have NOT gone up on the newest price list dated Jan 1st. In fact, my cost on a 2171 is now $85 less than the current 372 cost. That's a pretty significant difference.

Hey Spike, what are you getting for the 2159 and 2186 now days? PM me if you prefer. :cheers:

So back to the thread, has any dealer got a 576 or did I miss something with all the ranting about the other subject??

Now THAT is a pretty sobering story. So was the hypothetical one about the 16 year old kid.

I think I would have rather shot the lawyer than myself though.:censored:

Thats the bad things about the sales contract. The guy with the pole prunner story is true and that took place not to long ago. That story has been relayed to all the Stihl dealers by the reps to keep us on our toes.

They also keep telling us should a incident come up as long as we follow the rules Stihl lawyers will step in and back us up. Should we break the rules and something comes up we're on our own.

Just goes to show ya never know when SpaceMule might walk in your shop with glee on his face, gotta watch out at all times.........

Well there are people that have put them to the test. Personally, no, but from the guys that I have spoken to that ran the Sh@% out of them could do nothing but rave about them. They said it was the smoothest saw that Husky has ever produced, while at the same they cut faster/better than the 372 and the 575. I hope to get out and give one a little abuse, but I think I will have to wait till spring or so.

-Kevin

So back to the thread, has any dealer got a 576 or did I miss something with all the ranting about the other subject??

Just saw one at my local dealer about 1/2 an hour ago. He also said that he will be getting 15-20 372xp's in within 7 -10 days but will probably be the last of them.

Interestingly, the 576xp had dual dogs on it. One on either side of the bar. Must be this saw means business!!!!!!:chainsaw:

I have one run for about 2 weeks now . Run about 15 tanks through it . You need the cold weather package installed below 20 degrees. Makes good power over a wide band. I had a 272 xp before it will out cut that no problem doesn't vibrate as much seems to have better balance . Doesn't seem like it weights a pound more than my 272 does . runs loner on a tank of fuel . Really didn't start to come to life until 10 - 12 tanks through it. Haven't run a 385 yet so i cant compare to that. Vibes off of this are a lot less than one after looking at the specs .I really like this saw! Runs very good learn how to start it was different choke until it pops then 1/2 choke from there starts everytime and stays running been running in 0 - 30 degree weather too .:)

Latest posts

Back