Have mountain of firewood for sale....$75.00 a pickup load in Norton, Oh

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arboriculture

Reaction score
Good seasoned firewood, you load & haul with your truck.
$75.00 pickup load (other size trucks or trailers priced according to size)

Technically it is illegal. In Ohio it can only be sold by thd cord or fraction of a cord if unpackaged. Or in bulk by the ton. I don't know how much they enforce this. There are always craigslist ads for pickup loads.

Has anyone ever actually been audited for firewood volume discrepancies? What state agency is supposed to monitor, the department of weights and measures? I can see if some joker was selling face cord as whole cord or something. But otherwise if you both feel that a load of wood in your truck is worth X dollars, who really cares.

Now of course long vs short vs extra short box, stacked or tossed, and amount of pile heap allowed are variables that could be discussed.

And to to OP (original poster). What species of wood, when was it split, and is the wood solid or does it have some rot?

I agree if both of you agree on price for a load why does it matter. I found info on department of agriculture website. I guess for disputes cord is a unit of measurement, but a pickup bed comes in different sizes.

Sorry, I was just trying to poke some fun, as I found out the hard way here NOT to refer to truck loads unless some kind of cord fraction was mentioned.

Is this legal? I sold this trailer load of logs, price was $300. The guy asked me how much wood, I said a cord. The guy was happy and I was happy. If I would have cut that load up and split it the price would have been $ 480 for it. Still a cord. If somebody has the time and wants to figure it out, the average size of the log is written on the ends, they are 12' logs. 6x10 trailer.
In other words it makes no difference what you say the size of the load, pile or whatever is it makes more of a difference what the price is. I can sell a cord for $50 or $400. aslong as the amount is more than a cord I assume I'm not breaking any law.
IMG_00000867.jpg IMG_00000871.jpg

Back