Havin' fun w/ new camera

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treeman,

You got that right. I watch little TV, just happened on that show, could only stand about 10 minutes of it. Airhead bimbos, especially anorexic ones, don't whet my whistle. As far as the home vids, I heard the local Seattle **** masters have made a killing off those tapes.

Only when I'm down under.

Like those big cushion pushin' types, huh?

Great work RB! so that's how SRT works huh?
eek2.gif

Ok, all you whiz-bangs, how come I get no video with Roger's .avi files. I downloaded the most current Windows Media Player, I get the audio, but no picture. Any guesses? Advice?

Welcome to video - it's frustrating. There may be some settings you need to tweak so that the video appears. But most likely, something's just screwed up, and you should just use another program to open it. Try www.quicktime.com. Download the free one.

RB, if you have XP, you can use Windows Movie Maker for quick and dirty chopping and rendering. Otherwise, I like Vegas Video. Adobe Premiere is more powerful, but I would have to read the manual. :D Adobe Video Collection Pro: $1499. With student discount: $799. :cool:

Nickrosis

Thanks, Nick, I'll check it out. I just got my new laptop w/XP, still learning it...and editing tons of photos, both new and old. Some are still on my recalcitrant desktop, currently crashed. I'm sure I'll be able to recover the data.

Plus work still has me slammed..then, above all, we are early on in the throes of the best ski season since the 98/99 snowfall year. A world record 1240 inches fell at Baker that year..and close to that at my favorite area, 45 miles from Seattle. Sunday was way fun, 26 inches of freshies!

Here's a shot of a 100 foot hemlock which, while about 15 of us were lollygagging in the middle of a main run at Blackcomb, fell onto the trail, taking a 60 foot cedar with it. 20 inches of heavy snow had laden it down, and you can see the decay. Luckily no one was under it at the time.

Man, that photographer takes some fine pictures.

I think a comparison can be seen between the work of 'tree hacks' compared to professional arborists, and the quality of some of the pictures we take and post here, compared to the photographs of a professional.

Thanks for the pictures.

-Kevin

Latest posts

Back