Having a blast with Sachs era 143

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnarfan

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I found out today if it was worth it to fix up my bartered for sachs dolmar 143. I just finished cutting up the rest of the 200yr old maple that I had started when I had my 111s jonsereds. I'm going to go over it some more and make sure its oiling properly however it starts and idles like a champ. For this rig I had on hand a NOS windsor speed tip bar that was intended for a 153 or 166 with a .404 tip. I swapped that for the needed 3/8 tip and got a swanky new chain. I'll input the numbers for the chain if anyone cares. I[ve got the guys at Faulkners getting used to making the chain link conversion. Very helpful bunch of guys.. and I am a pain in the a... Anyways.. all went well and the torque was in the range of what I need... Happy all around. I'll post pics of the rig if theres interest.

I found out today if it was worth it to fix up my bartered for sachs dolmar 143. I just finished cutting up the rest of the 200yr old maple that I had started when I had my 111s jonsereds. I'm going to go over it some more and make sure its oiling properly however it starts and idles like a champ. For this rig I had on hand a NOS windsor speed tip bar that was intended for a 153 or 166 with a .404 tip. I swapped that for the needed 3/8 tip and got a swanky new chain. I'll input the numbers for the chain if anyone cares. I[ve got the guys at Faulkners getting used to making the chain link conversion. Very helpful bunch of guys.. and I am a pain in the a... Anyways.. all went well and the torque was in the range of what I need... Happy all around. I'll post pics of the rig if theres interest.

I want to see pics! :clap:

I will second the service at Faulkner's, all around good guys to deal with. Always have stuff in stock too.

Latest posts

Back