hawaii

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that is an interesting idea - postal trading of wood. I will trade you one large flat rate postal box of “X” wood for one large flat rate postal box of your Kiawe. You can cube the piece down so that it just fits in the box (under 70lbs) and ship it out for (I think) $12. For small wood working projects this would work.

Well that is an interesting idea - postal trading of wood. I will trade you one large flat rate postal box of “X” wood for one large flat rate postal box of your Kiawe. You can cube the piece down so that it just fits in the box (under 70lbs) and ship it out for (I think) $12. For small wood working projects this would work.

I was going to smoke some meat with it....how is it for general woodworking?

Kiawe for wood working - beats the heck out of me. I screw up only the stuff that is milled on my own mill and grown locally. I really don't need to pay any more for flat stacking fire wood...I am more of a wood user than a wood worker!

Windward is the side that gets the wind....leeward is the opposite side that doesn't get the wind.

That I understand but is Windward the East, or West or other side of the island? Does it depend on which island?

BTW airfares to HI are pretty cheap on Travelocity. I've been looking for a good rate and got a notice today that they are around $550 from MSP to HNL. :clap:

the tradewinds blow from east to west most of the year.it brings rain to the side of the island that it hits first, the windward side.the other side( leeward) gets less cloudcover, more sun.
I'll be happy to ship wood to the mainland but not sure if it would be worth the cost.kiawe ( proposis pallida ) is a type of mesquite ,you might be able to find it closer to home.that said got plenty chips for smoking!come on over and take some home:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back