HD air filter for old 066..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, it's the exact same filter same as your 460..

To convert you have to change the filter base and cover,... maybe a few other parts also... It's worth it. Much better filter, and you can just have a few clean prefilters in your pocket to snap on as required.

Same deal with my 064? Just buy the parts and put it together? Nothing to modify?

That's what the IPl shows.. basicallyy buy everything back from the rear of the carb.

I have an old 064 on my bench right now with the HD filter system.

Anything prior to the plastic change to the current design should work. You could make the late model stuff work, but you'd have to replace more parts. Attached are pics of my old 066, and of my 660. Notice in the picture of the 066, how there are two pieces between the filter cover and the main shroud? One being the (in the case of my 066, aluminum) filter base, the other being the plastic carb housing. (for lack of a better term) On a 660, you can only see the carb housing, not the filter base, very much like on your 460. Just be sure to get the orange filter base and a cover, and you'll be set. Just be sure to get the little metal piece that goes up through the filter and has the stud for the cover nut on it, too.

The parts you want are for the older 066. Tek9tim has a picture of a current HD air filter set up. The HD system you need is the one with a orange plastic base and another peice for the top. Its a littel different then your ms 460. Its almost exactly like the older setups on the 044 and 046.
Travis

Look at item numbers 7752530502 and 7754468137 on ebay. Plus your going to need two m5 nuts to hold the assemble.
Travis

D'oh! Posted a wrong picture... here's the one of the 066.

The 046 never had an orange filter base. Always the filtered, black base.

Allright, I just got the base the air filter attaches to, fits like a glove. However, Am I right in assuming that there should be a gasket between the mount and the carb?

CaseyForrest said:
Allright, I just got the base the air filter attaches to, fits like a glove. However, Am I right in assuming that there should be a gasket between the mount and the carb?

I don't remember any and I don't see one on the IPL...

Latest posts

Back