HD PowerCare B&C Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CTYank

CTYank

Peripatetic Sawyer
Anybody else tried this oil? Got a gallon a bit back for $10, $1 less than Echo oil.

Saws seem happy with it. Decent viscosity with temps in 50s-60s. Pretty tacky, difficult to wipe off your hands. Pretty wild user reviews, like one moaning about a smoking bar on doing some stumping with it.

With a HD nearby, a couple gallons more are in my saws' future.

(Not really trying to start/restart oil thread/war.) Just seems to be new stuff to me.

Marshy

Marshy

285 Killa
I was in Walmart and noticed their bar oil was something like $7.99/gal... I typically use ITASCA B&C oil from Autozone at $9.99/gal.

Anyone use ITASCA oil?

Jimmy in NC

Jimmy in NC

Addicted to ArboristSite
I was in Walmart and noticed their bar oil was something like $7.99/gal... I typically use ITASCA B&C oil from Autozone at $9.99/gal.

Anyone use ITASCA oil?
I use it as its always $7-8 at Agri-Supply which I'm in 3-4 times a week. It gets a bit thick near freezing but it works when I'm milling. On cool mornings I preheat the jug in the truck floorboard.

Marshy

Marshy

285 Killa
I use it as its always $7-8 at Agri-Supply which I'm in 3-4 times a week. It gets a bit thick near freezing but it works when I'm milling. On cool mornings I preheat the jug in the truck floorboard.
It does thicken up a bit near freezing but honestly I just used it all season long. However, I don't do a lot of cutting in freezing weather, high 30's or closer to low 40's is about it. I leave the saw inside over night and let it warm up on startup. Seems to be good oil IMO. It looks cleaner and thicker than the Tractor Supply oil I tried once. I see the price is closer to $7-8/gal online through Amazon. I might have a buy a case of it with my free shipping and all...

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak

Anyone use ITASCA oil?

I used one gallon @10 clams I snagged at my piggly wiggly supermarket, just to try it. I can't really see any difference from the 7 buck on sale tractor supply. The Itasca is a scosh thicker, but once in the saw..not seeing any difference on lubing the chain.

Marshy

Marshy

285 Killa
I used one gallon @10 clams I snagged at my piggly wiggly supermarket, just to try it. I can't really see any difference from the 7 buck on sale tractor supply. The Itasca is a scosh thicker, but once in the saw..not seeing any difference on lubing the chain.
It looks cleaner than the TSC oil and is noticeably thicker IMO.

Jimmy in NC

Jimmy in NC

Addicted to ArboristSite
It does thicken up a bit near freezing but honestly I just used it all season long. However, I don't do a lot of cutting in freezing weather, high 30's or closer to low 40's is about it. I leave the saw inside over night and let it warm up on startup. Seems to be good oil IMO. It looks cleaner and thicker than the Tractor Supply oil I tried once. I see the price is closer to $7-8/gal online through Amazon. I might have a buy a case of it with my free shipping and all...
http://www.agrisupply.com/m/warchsaw-bar-chain-oil/p/16332/