head gear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nitwit dolt said:
Why would price be an option on safety gear? How much is your head worth? How much is comfort.

If you do not need a climbers helmet why fork over $100 PLUS to buy one, when I can purchase a top of the line hard hat for $30 that is equally protective, but a lot easier on the pocketbook. Besides the ones I have looked at are not CSA/UL approved.

inztrees said:
hey what do you guys where on your head hard hat or helmet?
inztrees::rock:
pacific as stated earlier also ratchet suspension hardhats ala prineville hotshots they have chinstraps

helmets/hardhats

Less fog in the lenses was enough reason for me to go with a vented climbing helmet. Throw in that it's so light and fitted you forget you have it on; the chin strap KEEPS it on; it holds my screen and muffs just like that big, clunky hardhat does (which I still use on the ground from time to time); it was tax free (oregon) and discounted for 'arborists' so they had me sold at $80 bucks or so.

If you're working above ground common sense would dictate that a climbing helmet is going to keep you safer. Change can be hard but loosing your hardhat at the wrong time could be harder. For me personally, whatever I can do to improve my chances to SAFELY have this much fun and make this much money doing it, I'll try.

the dork

PMI (pidgeon mountain industries) it has a strap but I tuck it up inside, it also has the knob in the back to easily adjust the bandsize. Awesome all around helmet. Made for mountaineering I think.??

Back