Heads up, bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just left Tractor Supply and they had County Line bar oil for $6 a gallon. Don't know if its a local thing or not.
I was there last week 2 for $12. Indiana. Lowest there was $5.;Got 3 gallons. Don't recall if it was summer clearance deal.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Walmart had it on sale last year at $8 a jug. I bought 40 gallons (all they had)

Local Tractor Supply had 2 quarts of Jonsered bar oil and NOTHING else in the store. Place is quickly turning back into Central Tractor...... Worthless lately.

and makes valve lapping compound.

Dunno, my processor just feeds the bar lube off the hydraulic system. I have about 1500hrs on it. I got about 1000hrs out of the first bar. The other processor has around 8000hrs. Not sure how many bars though.

Unless a pump, motor, cylinder, etc would come apart and get metal in the oil, never have to change it as I am refilling it all the time. I use maybe 10-15 gals a year or so (haven't kept track). Odd thing is the factory fill was red ATF, somehow it's still red.

Don't see why it wouldn't work in a saw, though might not be thick enough. dunno.

Thanks for the heads up, sale was still on as of this morning. Bought 4 bottles online with in store pickup being that we where having a snow storm today and I didn't want to drive down there.

Latest posts

Back