Heated Handle Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
I have never had a saw with working heated handles. I am considering buying a new one and I am wondering what others experiences are with them.

I have never had a saw with working heated handles. I am considering buying a new one and I am wondering what others experiences are with them.
While it is not used "alot", it is a very nice accessory.. I like to cut in winter. So it's nice to warm your up your hands when the vibration takes over. There are times when you have to shut them off off cause they are too hot. If / when you are standing still at a saw buck for instance they are nice. Instead of quitting to go to the stove to warm up, you have heat to turn on.

Just wondering, as a newbie, if there ever has been exhaust heated handles.
Copper pipe and some L-Ag5P brazing?, totally doable.

I don`t have any new model modern saws with heated handles but my Stihl 026, couple 044`s and the MS362 have them and I like them very much cutting with them in cold wet conditions like our Fall weather often is, I cut bare handed if possible and do so until the temps get around 30F and lower.. The heated handles are more comfortable than wearing gloves for me.

I bought my first heated saw in June, 550xpg, just recently started using the heat, I will never saw in cold weather without heat again, it just makes work more comfortable, moving frozen logs in between bucking them up doesnt slow me down anymore sticking my hands in front of the exhaust, bit the bullet and buy one, you wont regret it.

never been able to get an exact answer, but Stihl makes heated saws, they just wont sell them in the US, I always wondered why it seems like they just gave that market share to husqvarna

I believe there was a Jonsered saw that tried heating the handles with exhaust running through them, I never owned one but remember a discussion that the Nordfeller system also working off the exhaust.

Husky has it on about all their newer models. Last time I checked. Friend has it on his 592.

He like my NE 346 with heat better then me. Sold my OE 346 with heat too.

He shows it adds some weight on the newer ones. Cant recall if he said PHO was empty or not. Would have to check old thread.

h3469999999.jpgh346xpgoe.jpgh592xpgweight.jpg

Back