Heated Handle Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has some kind of computer already so check engine - light will soon appear (vw)

Partner 5000 too, beside my 490. Loved the adjustable heat on those for rear and top handles.

View attachment 1123878
I believe that nearly all of Partner's professional models were available with exhaust heated handles. If I remember right you could even buy a kit from the dealer and install it yourself.

I believe that nearly all of Partner's professional models were available with exhaust heated handles. If I remember right you could even buy a kit from the dealer and install it yourself.
Good thing Jonsered never tried to adding that to a XA.:)

I'm glad that I asked this question. From my point of view it is really stupid to first have cooling fins, "fan" etc just to get rid of the heat AND then create even more heat by means of electrical heating.
But I'm efficiency ratio freak so can't help it.
Without really knowing I could not see any good reason why heating the handles with exhaust energy, all of them, would not be functional. Just like everything else this type of heating must be designed and tested properly, same rule applies to those wires too.

Well...it would have created heat...and noise...and light.
Yes, it would have been quite an explosive invention. :) In seriousness what engineer thought it was a good idea to fill a handle bar with propane...............

It is looking like I am going to have to buy a Husky. I would prefer Stihl but they seem to only be in Canada. I have to order around 100 parts for the 395's this week so I guess I will pick up a new saw also.

I have never had a saw with working heated handles. I am considering buying a new one and I am wondering what others experiences are with them.

Really? For someone that owns 500 to 600 saws, are you sure? Look around, dig man dig. There's probably a 4-stroke saw with electric start, blue-tooth and a cup holder somewhere beneath the mountain of saws you claim to own.

Really? For someone that owns 500 to 600 saws, are you sure? Look around, dig man dig. There's probably a 4-stroke saw with electric start, blue-tooth and a cup holder somewhere beneath the mountain of saws you claim to own.
Well sir the number is now over 700 and 35 more on the way next week.

As for claims, I do not need to make them. It would be nice if you could steer clear of insults.

Latest posts

Back