Heated handles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hack

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey gang -

How important are heated handles?

I'm gonna be most likely a one chainsaw guy for quite a while (as long as I don't hang around this place too much :laugh: ), so I'm asking if I should opt for the heated handles version of the Husky 353?

We do get a winter out here (greater suburbia of Chicago, Illinois, USA), but I still don't foresee doing a lot of planned cutting during those months. But is this one of those features, that I should get just for that one or two times that I will actually need it? Or is it a luxury I can just pass up?

Thanks again!

Well, if you are really going to be "a one chainsaw guy for quite a while" like you say you are, then get them! They don't cost too much more (if you buy your saw on Ebay) at least that is what I have seen with the 357 XP/XPG. Just think of all the times in your life when you did something stupid or made an impulse buy that cost you $40...now think of all the enjoyment you will get out of having heated handles - GET THEM.

heated handles

They are great if you have bad circulation like I have.Yes is is one extra thing that could go wrong but the hell!
Ed

I have heated handles on my 242 xpg but have to admit I had no use for it. We have very soft winters and firewood cutting is mostly spot, so I would not spent any additional money for it if I had to buy new.
If I would be out there for entire days, that would definately be a different story...
roland

Heated !

Go with the heated, got it on my saws 133sg 346xpg 372xpg
use it mostly when I get wet and its a bit cold outside ,,,
don't cost so much extra to get, but sure is nice those cold and wet days :)

/Kristoffer

Latest posts

Back