hedge trimmers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedgemaster

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I ended up going with the Stihl hs81r i heard its the better one. i have always used stihl so i assume itll b ok. I have a stihl 110 trimmer that i took the trimmer head off and replaced with a hedge trimmer head. It's been amazing, it does all the angles and withe 31 cc engine ive found it great doing the higher stuff. I hate how i cant put that head on my ht131 because of the different shaft, thats what i got told anyway. They told me i'd stuff the 131, i don't want to risk it seeing it cost me 1175 bucks!! Anyway i just want to know about a couple of things. Replacing the blades on the hedge trimmer, and how easy it is do do, i need to put a new set on, and about sharpening the blades on my hedge trimmer head. Should I take it to my dealer or can i do that myself, they need a sharpen.

sharpening is an art and you can cause more harm then good pretty easily
i consider what a shop wants vs the time i have into doing it myself and go from there
hedgers can be fairly time consuming, i take them apart, then file each edge to sharp, then reassemble
watch your fingers

Back