Heeeeeeyy! My Cedar is WORTH something!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerboybill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ya Know, I didn't know Cedar was worth 180 a cord. If it's on Craigs list, it must be true, right?

180 per cord delivered, i estimate that there is about 4 cords total. cut and dried, mostly 16"-20" long pieces
cedar provides a hotter heat source. cedar does not creosote up pipes like pine, and boy, does it smell soooo good!
608-279-XXXX

cedar wood boiler firewood

If there's 4 cord in that pile stacked I'll eat my hat. :D

Actually, cedar rounds are of value to wood turners. They make nice table lamps and other furnishings.

They luv to mill the ceder around here.

I've got a bunch of milled cedar, 3 x 16 or so, live-edged, fireplace mantle size, sitting in the basement. I might pay for decent saw logs. I still wouldn't pay for firewood.

People who smoke with wood are willing to pay for cedar. Personally I'd rather burn the tree in place than make firewood from it. I think Cedar has more limbs than any other tree, making it a huge pain to limb. Its a weed tree here - I don't want it!

Old tele poles where made of ceder. Have a buddy that milled a bunch of the poles. The outside of the garage, and the inside, are sided with them. Looks and smells awesome.

Why would ayone pay 180 per cord for cedar when you can buy oak for that. You would have to be crazy.:bang:

Back