• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Helko Tasmania Timber Sport Axe - New - $115

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Split Maester

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a new Helko Tasmania Timber Sport Axe. (link to website for more info)

I just recently became a member on here, and now have my own forum page for my company, Helko North America. This is one of the axes we sell.

The Tasmania axe is made in Germany by Helko, from German C45 high grade carbon steel. The handle is hand-made in Switzerland from FSC certified American Hickory. It has a 4 lb head and a 31.5 inch handle. Online, these go for $134 + $5 shipping.

I'll sell this one here for $115 shipped to the 48 states. Reason for discount: Cosmetic

This axe was hung with 2 extra large double steel ring wedges in the eye. One of the steel ring wedges scraped out a bit of wood from the wooden wedge, inside the inner circle of the steel wedge. The scraped out wood only was a few millimeters deep, but the gap was filled with a wood fill, as you can see in the photos. Now...this won't affect the performance of the axe, but being that these axes sell for almost $140, we pulled this one from normal sale. So, if you're looking for a good timber axe at a great price, this might be for you.

It comes with the sheath - which is made here in the USA from vegetable tanned saddle leather, and also a bottle of Axe-Guard metal protector.

I wanted to see what a $115 axe looked like. It looks nice.

However, I couldn't help but notice that you are a site "Sponsor", and "Moderator"? That seems like a conflict of interest. I can't imagine one of the sponsor saw modders, or parts suppliers being allowed to also be part of the administration here on Arboristsite.

I'll be keeping an eye out in case they do.nothing wrong with the single bits I just prefer double bits.if they did happen to make one right now I would be all over it.may look into the splitting mauls im tired of the ones I have bouncing off of the wood.

That's a really nice looking axe there. Reminds me of the competition axe that Bailey's was selling a few years ago at around that price point.

I'll be keeping an eye out in case they do.nothing wrong with the single bits I just prefer double bits.if they did happen to make one right now I would be all over it.may look into the splitting mauls im tired of the ones I have bouncing off of the wood.
I have a Granfors Bruks maul, night and day compared to anything I've ever used before.

The lightest of our mauls start at about 6-1/2 lbs and move up. The Vario 2000 Heavy Log Splitter has a 5lb head, but with the over-strike protector and steel parts it adds up to about 6-3/4lb. Our Tomahawk Line Heavy Log Splitter has the same 5lb head, but doesn't need the extra metal parts since it's a polymer fiberglass handle.

So, this is the closest thing we have to a 5lb Maul, even though it isn't technically a maul. The Tomahawk Heavy Log Splitter:

I had one of the Varios, didn't care for the odd head with all the weight forward of the handle. The balance was all wrong.

Latest posts

Back