Hello again...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootermsp

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I haven't been around or posted in the last 2 years but am still living the OWB dream. All must be too well because I haven't had any questions. Hope this message finds all my old friends well. In my spare time I've used the money saved on oil to convert my garage fridge into a double kegerator. A kegarator is a sound strategic investment for wood cutting. It's way easier to find volunteers when they know draft beer will follow any cutting/splitting/stacking session. If anyone is interested in doing a conversion, I've become quite familiar with it all and have done a few for friends. It's much less $$$ than I thought and should've done it years ago.:msp_thumbup:

Are you drinking anything good? Something besides that crap Miller/Coors/AB calls beer? Inquiring minds need to know.

Kegerator Conversion

Only decent IPAs for me. Right now on tap is Baxter Brewing Stowaway IPA (Lewiston, ME) and a homebrew (Whale Tale IPA) I did at Deja Brew in Shrewsbury, MA. No crap beers for me! This is how I started:

I built a wood platform to fit two 1/6 barrels. I then swapped to a double secondary regulator so I could have each keg dialed into it's best pressure for the temperature and the volumes of CO2 it's brewed under (a constant unique to each beer)

[/U

I wish I knew years ago how easy and inexpensive this was to do. It only took me an hour to do the whole thing. Cheers:cheers:

The fridge has been running in my garage the last 10 years. It's an Amana side-by-side Fridge/freezer. Just used a holesaw to cut two 1 1/8" holes in right side for faucets (1" PVC pipe in holes to prevent sides from crushing when shank is tightened down). You can keep the CO2 inside if you want to. I moved it out for the possibility of a third barrel.

This was right after I built the shelf. The CO2 bottle is in there behind the barrels.

Last edited:
No Shiner Bock?

But, I do see a Yuengling!:msp_thumbsup:

Shiner Bock? Yuck! This guy is a IPA connoisseur, much like myself.

If you ever get a chance to try some of Vermont's WORLD famous Heady Topper, you'll see why Beer Advocate has named it the #1 beer in the world.

Nice kegerator!!

^^^^^^ I agree Heady Topper rocks !!! I drank the last two I had at the NASCAR race in NH in July. On deck is Rising Tide Brewing (Portland, ME) Zephyr IPA. It's really a super well balanced IPA. I'm also looking for a local connection for Ithaca Flower Power. I just had that for the first time ever and it's definitely a top 10!!! I keep the Yuengling for guests who don't like IPA(that's fine....more for me!). I have enough salespeople friends who go to NY on a regular basis to keep me supplied. As for myself, NOT much of a lager fan. Stay thirsty my friends.

You guys can keep your hops. I've tried several. I have a friend that would get along with you guys, he's always pushing that stuff on me, lol. I'll keep my lagers.

VERY VERY COOL Idea. And Here I thought having a mini fridge in my "shop" made me he coolest of my buddies. You Sir have upped the Ante!

Thanks Matt. I've only got girls. They're the best thing in the world but I don't want them around my saws and splitter. So 12 cords a year solo is a LOT of work. I'll get 4 or 5 guys on a Sat over to help me cut and split. Just one day like that bangs out 70% of my wood. So having drafts and steaks on the grill is a nice way to be able to thank them.

I too only have girls. My BIL is a BIG help. BIG Guy and Big help, he too burns wood so we help each other out. Lives up the street. Im a cheap date, Coors light. Kent, he likes the more costly beers. Innis & Dunn Oak Aged beer. Costs me 12 bucks a 4 pack, but with the amount of work I can get out of this moose of a man, well worth it.

Latest posts

Back