Hello Folks!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly it’s too late. I have a Pioneer P41 that’s mostly a conversation piece because it’s all original and hardly seen a log. My Partner P500 has an air leak and needs starter attention. So sadly I’m working with a worn out plastic Poulan until I fix up a decent modern saw.

Sadly it’s too late. I have a Pioneer P41 that’s mostly a conversation piece because it’s all original and hardly seen a log. My Partner P500 has an air leak and needs starter attention. So sadly I’m working with a worn out plastic Poulan until I fix up a decent modern saw.
Good, you're well on your way! You should fit in nicely here.

I’d love to find a 60 cc saw like a 361 to play with or the equivalent husky but my budget is tight with kids so it may take a while. Has anyone had any success with the clone kits saws? I almost hate to ask that but I do miss wrenching on saws and that would likely always need fixing but could it be relied upon to cut any wood? My gut says wait for a decent fixer up saw but I want something better this fall than the Poulan 5020 I’ve been pressing into firewood duty I really am not a clone fan or clamshell fan I used to fix Stihl daily but I’m under wifely financial restrictions. Thanks for putting up with me here guys :)

I have Husky 268's and similar that need some work. It depends on your budget and mechanical ability. With over 600 saws I have something just not a 361

I appreciate that. Going to get a friend’s ms 260 going and hoping that’ll satisfy my need to tinker until I figure out a saw budget. Kids in daycare eats up saw money pretty quick. Thanks again

Has anyone had any success with the clone kits saws?
I have a G660 that I picked up early last year. My big saw went down and I needed something asap. So far I absolutely love it. It needed about $50 worth of OEM parts to get it right, but the power head arrived to my door for $321 in 2 business days (fully assembled) so I didn't mind spending the extra $50. There bigger saws (70cc and up) seem to be popular for milling, and are holding up well. Milling is hard on a saw so if they will handle that, I was willing to give them a chance. I don't hear much about their smaller saws, but if I ever have to replace either of my 036 saws, i will be ordering a G366. I can't find a used 036 for anywhere close to the cost of a new 366.

Hey Guys thank you for the welcomes and replies! Haven’t had much time to work on the saws my son has been in hospital got an ms 260 and partner 500 on the work bench awaiting some diagnosis. The 260 is for a buddy, partner is mine. The partner gets very hot as soon as any load is on the bar the 260 I’m just told “doesn’t run well.” Borrowed my Dads Echo cs590 and it’s doing the job until I fix or find a saw for myself. I’ll post pictures once I get at one

Latest posts

Back