Hello from France , need help on a STIL 029 running problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi fish, the fuel line and the vent don't look cracked they just look smooth, slick and greasy, well, i 'll ask the shop that changed the carb diaphragm if they changed the fuel line and will clean the fuel filter before more tests..
thank you fish

"exposez le phoque détraqué. " means : expose the crazy seal (animal)

Thats what I meant!!!!
Here in Oregon we have crazy seals that swim up rivers eating all the salmon and have a strange habit of messing with chainsaws.
Crazy seals are everywhere,,,,,,watch out for them.
Even in France...

Victor, good luck with the saw, you have good people helping you here.

hello guys !
first, i wish you all the best for this new year,
secondly, thanks for your attemps to help me with my "stihl boat anchor" ;)

2 weeks later, i brought my 029 to another repair shop and asked them to perform all tests to find what's wrong... the verdict, the first one was the good one: engine leak, it had to be reconstructed and would cost me 200 euros (280 bucks).

i asked the dealer if the repair was worth to be done and he told me : "honnestly, i will try to find you a used saw that will work better and will last longer as the 029 model is not really for intensive use".

this afternoon, i am going to pick up a used MS 341 , 2005 model for 350 euros (450 bucks), the dealer told me that the machine is running fine ( it comes from recent promotionnal sales).

i have more than 30 M3 of beech trees to cut this week-end, it's cold here (-10°c)
what do you think ?

cheers

Victor

Last edited:
Go for it! You'll enjoy a bigger better saw!

hello guys !
first, i wish you all the best for this new year,
secondly, thanks for your attemps to help me with my "stihl boat anchor" ;)

2 weeks later, i brought my 029 to another repair shop and asked them to perform all tests to find what's wrong... the verdict, the first one was the good one: engine leak, it had to be reconstructed and would cost me 200 euros (280 bucks).

i asked the dealer if the repair was worth to be done and he told me : "honnestly, i will try to find you a used saw that will work better and will last longer as the 029 model is not really for intensive use".

this afternoon, i am going to pick up a used MS 341 , 2005 model for 350 euros (450 bucks), the dealer told me that the machine is running fine ( it comes from recent promotionnal sales).

i have more than 30 M3 of beech trees to cut this week-end, it's cold here (-10°c)
what do you think ?

cheers

Victor

Victor

Go for it! You'll enjoy a bigger better saw! Did the shop charge you for the tests on your 029?

Dan

PS- Sent you a PM

Dan

Hello Dan

the shop didn't charge me for the tests, the mech kindly explained to me how to repair my self and gave me a little plastic tool to hold the piston, i will repair it slowly, now that i have a new toy.

the second hand MS 341 is a bit scratched and dirty, it look to have worked a little bit, i tested it and it just runs fine, i took an old oak beam (1x1 ft section) and...wow it cuts like styrofoam !
yes that is a big change and that saw rocks !

what do you think ?

cheers

Victor

Bonjour Victor.
D'abord, salutations de la belgique !!

Une 341 à 350 euro me semble un prix correct, si la machine est encore en bon état. C'est le même modèle que la 361 je pense, mais sans décompresseur, ce qui n'est pas vraiment nécessaire sur ce modèle.

Je suis d'accord avec ton dealer de réparer les joints d'étainchéité du villebréquin toi même, si tu est un peu technicien. La fuite se trouve de quel côté ?

Salut

Roland

salut roland
la 341 a un peu travaille mais le revendeur est tres honnete, le meccano m'a dit qu'elle a aucun souci, je l'ai essayee et c'est de la balle...elle a un decompresseur.

la 029 fuit a l'avant cote droit.

salutations

Victor

Now they're talking about us, just like grandma and the old aunts used to... switch language when the kids come in the room.

Mark

Haha, my folks used to do that all the time...:dizzy: :dizzy:

Victor, we'll have to switch language if we want to get some help and compassion here, LOL.

Can you describe where the air leak was situated. Generally, it's at the crank seals either flywheel or clutch side. From you answer, I have the feeling it's on the clutch side, or ... ? please confirm.

hello belgian, heimann,
no problem typing english, spanish and even portuguese

the leak is on the clutch side, front side, that explains why it didn't run well and only 10 minutes, when the cylinder got hot, the leak would open.

i'll keep you posted during my amateur repair.

i'll give it to my father, now that i have a 341, man, i will never go for something under this saw, i just come from the woods and i felt i had a laser sword in my hand like luke skywalker :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Back