Hello from Idaho, any local users...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Tree

Reaction score
I'm a new poster to this site. However, I've been a reader and watcher for quit sometime. I was wonder if there is any other user from Idaho. It would be nice to network with those with similar tree issues. If no one is posting from Boise Area, I have notice a number Pacific Northwestern, posting a lot of valuable info. Thanks to you all.

As a secondary topic, I was at the Horticulture expo in Idaho last week and talked to the Vermeer distributor. He informed me that the Boise branch was going to start carrying climbing supplies. Currently we only have industrial rigging suppliers in the area, nothing devoted to Arborists. Anyway, He was wondering what climbing system and common supplies we used in the Idaho and Western market? That’s a good question. I’ve climbed in East Coast (PA) and Louisiana, but only a few years in the west. Any thoughts?

Avery

sometimes, not as busy as I'd like to be...there is plenty of tree companies. I don't think there is many climbers. Something I'm trying to find out. I see a lot of bucket trucks and trees being removed. There is many different qualities of work...This is old forest worker "country", so that style of tree work carries over into a lot of the business. I've seen some skillful sawyer technique and felling from some of companies. :cheers:

I used to live up near Lewiston, but I'm in VA now.

idaho to virginia? wow

must have been a culture shock.kinda like me moving from east tennessee to Corrupticut.

they like their trees...

I used to live up near Lewiston, but I'm in VA now.

I've only been to the Lewiston/ Moscow area a few times, but they seem to really be into their trees. They have some tree preservation efforts. And the Urban Forest Extension office is active in that area. Did you go to college there or just like living in the area.

I've only been to the Lewiston/ Moscow area a few times, but they seem to really be into their trees. They have some tree preservation efforts. And the Urban Forest Extension office is active in that area. Did you go to college there or just like living in the area.

I grew up in the Lewiston area. Didn't really have a choice.:laugh: It's a nice area though.

things must have changed since you were here.

don't get me wrong,i have met some great people here.really great! and the food here is top notch.i know no place is perfect but this place is mindboggling.i just need to go somewhere with some common sense.
my dad left florida after hurricane charlie and moved back to tennessee.i'd like to live near my dad again.
NE would really be a great place if you could fire all the politicians and start over from scratch.i have never seen anything like this.

Latest posts

Back