Hello

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timothyrtily1970

Reaction score
Hi my name is Tim. I live in Georgia and recently got into trees and sawmills. I have bought a wood-mizer sawmill and I am still learning the trade. But I do find it exciting to learn from hands on experience.

Hi my name is Tim. I live in Georgia and recently got into trees and sawmills. I have bought a wood-mizer sawmill and I am still learning the trade. But I do find it exciting to learn from hands on experience.
Welcome to the forum. I live in southwest Georgia.Y’all been getting any rain up there? Be Safe and Stay Cool.

Welcome mate. Seems fun around here, and heaps of knowledge buried in threads and heads.

Hello Tim, and welcome!

What size Woodmizer did you get?
Are you planning to use it for income, or just for lumber for your own use?
I've been sawing logs on Woodmizers for a bit now...... we started in 1990, but we've only sawed about 3.5 million board feet of lumber now.... so still lots to learn I guess, lol
we started with an LT30 non hydraulic, then in 93 we decided to upgrade to an LT40HD, then in 98 we upgraded again to an LT40 Super hydraulic.
It's lots of fun, but also lots of back breaking work!

Have fun with your mill buddy!

we have been getting some rain in SE Virginia to help break the drought we were having, but it has mostly been in localized unforecast thunderstorms so it is erratic and hard to plan for

Latest posts

Back