Help a neighbor? Or offend him?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do I cut up the tree for the guy?

• No

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Ask him

Votes: 39 92.9%
  • Do it while he is gone

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Just cut the real big stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If i saw the guy working on the tree, i'd just pull in and talk to him a little, then, suggest he get his tree cut up, and you'll help him, your bored and need to burn off some energy, do it all at his pace. I'm like a lot of these other guys, i don't mind helping people, i've stacked more firewood than you can imagine just ''helping'' some one. One day went i was working on a road with some other guys, a guy showed up, opened up his gate in the field pulled his pickup inside the gate and started loading firewood. I sat there for about 2 min feeling guilty watching him. Got out of my truck, started loading wood with him. He stopped loading the wood and said, ''what are you doing'' i said to him, Gene i can't sit in that truck and watch you load that wood, i'm just not that kind of a guy. We got his pickup all loaded up and he thanked me about 4 or 5 times. I love doing that, just helping people, no reason, i just like to do it. I can't sit and watch people work. And, i don't expect anything for it,no favors, nothing, its just fun for me.

If i saw the guy working on the tree, i'd just pull in and talk to him a little, then, suggest he get his tree cut up, and you'll help him, your bored and need to burn off some energy, do it all at his pace. I'm like a lot of these other guys, i don't mind helping people, i've stacked more firewood than you can imagine just ''helping'' some one. One day went i was working on a road with some other guys, a guy showed up, opened up his gate in the field pulled his pickup inside the gate and started loading firewood. I sat there for about 2 min feeling guilty watching him. Got out of my truck, started loading wood with him. He stopped loading the wood and said, ''what are you doing'' i said to him, Gene i can't sit in that truck and watch you load that wood, i'm just not that kind of a guy. We got his pickup all loaded up and he thanked me about 4 or 5 times. I love doing that, just helping people, no reason, i just like to do it. I can't sit and watch people work. And, i don't expect anything for it,no favors, nothing, its just fun for me.
Pretty nice of you. Any chance you can stop at my job site later this week. Rain is going to make a mess

Pretty nice of you. Any chance you can stop at my job site later this week. Rain is going to make a mess

Hay, you bet, and, i'm not kidding, i've even stopped and helped a guy who was cutting down / cutting up a wind fall in another guys front yard. He was by himself. He said, ''hay, you don't have to help me, i'm ok'', i told him if i drove by here and didn't stop, and, let say you got hurt, i'd never forgive my self for not stopping and helping to begin with. He did need help, it was a big oak, and a real mess with some really nasty busted, hanging big branches, i ran the rope for him letting them down, and helped him buck them up. This guy's a tree guy, and knows what he's doing, but, i just couldn't drive by without helping him. Just my style. Oh, i ended up helping him for about 3-4 hrs, lol . It was fun. Shoot, i've even stopped and helped a guy rake up chips from a guys stump grinder, i knew him, but, he was by himself, and i just though, why not. Had a good time too, he was really shocked some one would just stop and help him, for no reason.

Hay, you bet, and, i'm not kidding, i've even stopped and helped a guy who was cutting down / cutting up a wind fall in another guys front yard. He was by himself. He said, ''hay, you don't have to help me, i'm ok'', i told him if i drove by here and didn't stop, and, let say you got hurt, i'd never forgive my self for not stopping and helping to begin with. He did need help, it was a big oak, and a real mess with some really nasty busted, hanging big branches, i ran the rope for him letting them down, and helped him buck them up. This guy's a tree guy, and knows what he's doing, but, i just couldn't drive by without helping him. Just my style. Oh, i ended up helping him for about 3-4 hrs, lol . It was fun. Shoot, i've even stopped and helped a guy rake up chips from a guys stump grinder, i knew him, but, he was by himself, and i just though, why not. Had a good time too, he was really shocked some one would just stop and help him, for no reason.

And, i'm not patting my self on the back, i'm just a spontaneous guy, who's not afraid to work, and i enjoy helping people, no strings attached. Keep it light, keep it fun, get it done. That's how i try to do things like that.

Latest posts

Back