Help a rookie out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrence Jefferson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok so I'm rite in the middle of building a Husqvarna 570 and I made a big mistake. I had a 570 and a 576xpg tore apart and I am rebuilding the 570. I have the lower end all together and piston and jug on and it's all glued and gasketed. I went to pressure and vacuum test it tonight and I can just hear air.... I'm not happy with this so I get to looking it over and decide it's my block off for the muffler. Replaced all of that with a new block off plate and still hear air and can't put any pressure in it. So as I'm pumping and looking it all over I see the crank seal on the fly wheel side looks like it doesn't fit the shaft. So I measured it and sure enough the seal is too big for the shaft. I removed the seal that doesn't work and try the other one on the crank for the 576xpg and it fits cause the crank is stepped up where the seal rides. I looked for a seal number and it's no where near the number I got so now I'm not sure I used the rite crank. I did have all the parts separate so I think it's rite but I need to know what seal to use for the shaft that measures .591 inches. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I don't tear this thing down and start all over. Thank you.

Thank you for the help. I went to the local dealer and he gave me the wrong gaskets to begin with. So with any luck I'll have it running tonight.

Latest posts

Back