Help - Bandit Feedwheel motor removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rymancm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need to remove the upper feedwheel motor on my Bandit 1390xp. Anyone done this? I removed the 4 bolts and removed the tapered pin but I just can't pry the sucker off. What am I missing? Thanks.

The tapered pin is the only thing holding the stator on the feedwheel. If you're lucky, the coupler and shaft are a good tight fit. If that's the case with yours then getting the coupler off can be tricky. The stator is deceptively heavy, and you don't want to damage it. Try some combination of wedges/packers between the coupler and shaft. Don't heat it.

What are you taking it off for?

I need to remove the upper feedwheel motor on my Bandit 1390xp. Anyone done this? I removed the 4 bolts and removed the tapered pin but I just can't pry the sucker off. What am I missing? Thanks.
Saw your post here I’m in the same boat with the same chipper. Is the Hyd motor threaded on the shaft of the feed wheel? Thanks for any help!

Feed wheels are on shaft with key way. Remove key, if motor won’t come off shaft, then put piece a long of wood in feed wheels with out clutch engaged on the disc/drum. Engage feed wheels forward carefully Motors should brake loose.

Latest posts

Back