Help before I smash this thing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernurse

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was given a really clean good shape 020av. It would only run at a high idle type speed. I rebuilt the carb...same thing. Found that the intake boot was leaking...fixed that. Set up the carb, started it tuned it, started cutting with it. Then it stalled when I left off the gas. Found that the idle screw was vibrating loose. Fixed that issue. Now it seems like I can get it tuned, cut with it but then it will stall and not start again when I leave off the gas. I then have to re-tune the carb to get it to run. I checked and the carb screws are not moving. This little :censored: isn't the easiest saw to work on and im sick of splitting it to monkey with the carb/internals. I really want to get it to run right. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do Not Smash It
First i would check the screen in the carb,and check the welch plug while you are in there.Then the tank filter and vent.
Then if it still dosn't work,send it to the Yukon knowing it will be like sending it Siberia.Cold and lonley.Mabey then it might decide to work for me:msp_biggrin:
Thomas

Smash it! It's the final solution to any more problems it might present.:clap:

attachment.php

Send to Brad

First off...I'd see if I could get a New one off eBay...NOS

If not...I'd send it to Brad...I think he knows these small carbs better than anybody..!!
(if he would take on the challenge..:msp_thumbup:..)
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
traded it

I will pull the flywheel and clutch and just put new seals in it. Tank vent is OK. I don't know why I want it to run so bad. Kinda like a challenge now. Then if all else fails I will post video of it going under the track of my 973C:rock:

I did one back in the spring, a rear handled version.
After pissin' with the carb for awhile I just ordered a carb kit lines and filter. Dropped the carb in the ulrasonic for a bit. Turned out good. I just didn't want to tear it down again.

Hey Randy !!

I did one back in the spring, a rear handled version.
After pissin' with the carb for awhile I just ordered a carb kit lines and filter. Dropped the carb in the ulrasonic for a bit. Turned out good. I just didn't want to tear it down again.

Hey Randy !!

Hey Steve!!!!!

Look it cracked the cement

I can't resist.

As an old civil engineering professor told us; cement is what you mix with water, sand, and aggregate to make CONCRETE.

One doesn't "pour cement", one "places concrete"

I know, it's petty of me, but it's a pet peeve. Kind of like "I SEEN that" instead of "I SAW that" and spelling the word "advise" when what is intended is "advice".

Last edited:
I can't resist.

As an old civil engineering professor told us; cement is what you mix with water, sand, and aggregate to make CONCRETE.

One doesn't "pour cement", one "places concrete"

I know, it's petty of me, but it's a pet peeve. Kind of like "I SEEN that" instead of "I SAW that" and spelling the word "advise" when what is intended is "advice".

We all have our pet peeves....yours are mild compared to some of mine. :laugh:

Back