Help dating this photo please!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1-70 has the flip down access panel between the throttle handles.. Couldn't see the photo well enough on my phone.. Maybe a blow up on a computer screen would be the ticket

So I looked again.. I've never seen a split bottom handle like that. This will be one for the pros.. I am passing the buck

Looks like a CP125 to me. They had a super wide top cover like that with the black top instead of yellow. Would place it a couple years earlier than the super pro 125, 69-71.

My brother in law is a Mac collector and wants either in the worst way.

I don't know anything about the saw, but other clues, like the color cast to the picture and the vest worn by your grandfather, make me think late '60s - early '70s.

Im betting either that's a really good camera, or it was the mid-70's.
Is that a picture of a picture you uploaded, or a scan?
I just fixed the color on this pic on my phone from 1969 for my wife, (the young girl). You can only modify it if you take a picture of it, because of the pixel rate.
20181117_074238.jpg
20181117_084637.jpg
It's easier to date because of the cars and knowing she was born early '65.
By the way, thats her oldest brother behind her, who is 25 years older than she is. Her mom was 42 when my wife was born. Yikes!
They had a big family....lol

Thank you gentlemen. In the end, it probably is not my grandpa. Though that guy could be his twin. My grandpa was done working in the woods by 1970 and had opened up a saw shop, which finally closed in 2009. He passed away a few years later.

Thank you gentlemen. In the end, it probably is not my grandpa. Though that guy could be his twin. My grandpa was done working in the woods by 1970 and had opened up a saw shop, which finally closed in 2009. He passed away a few years later.

He never went out again to help a buddy? Especially within a year or two of opening his shop?

Where did the pic come from? Random googlage or someone’s attic?

Im betting either that's a really good camera, or it was the mid-70's.
Is that a picture of a picture you uploaded, or a scan?
I just fixed the color on this pic on my phone from 1969 for my wife, (the young girl). You can only modify it if you take a picture of it, because of the pixel rate.
View attachment 685802
View attachment 685803
It's easier to date because of the cars and knowing she was born early '65.
By the way, thats her oldest brother behind her, who is 25 years older than she is. Her mom was 42 when my wife was born. Yikes!
They had a big family....lol
Pass the Fresca,get in the old car and ride!!!

Latest posts

Back