Help Don't Know

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatewayuser

Reaction score
Ok well 1st off hi everyone I am new here and I have a question. I own landscape company and we are on our 4th year in business so I'm not into the tree part as much as everyone here. I got a call yesterday from an existing customer wanting stump grinding. Well today I went and looked at the job, it involves grinding 1,181 inches across of stumps. All of this at one location. I have seen places charging $4 per inch, this seems like too much for this large of a job??? Is this the case? Also they want the chips put back into the holes. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

we charge $2 per in. and fill in and remove extra chips. finishes the job so much better than leaving a ton of chips saying you deal with it. of coarse some customers want the chips. I measure at the ground averaging the root flair. least favorite part of removing trees.

I actually never do any stumps. I give all my stump jobs to a guy that specializes is just stumps. I don't sub it, I just give the referral. He charges 32cents per inch dia. I could never do it that cheep. He's there the next day, new equipment, clean. Charges extra to take grindings away.
I agree, doing stumps is not fun, so it works out great for everyone.

Price should vary somewhat. $2-$4 is common. If the tree stump is very large diameter, say 5 ft accross the face, than I would go closer to $4. If it's a bunch of 10-15" stumps then $2 isnt too bad as these are 5-10 minutes guys dependant on equipment.

Latest posts

Back