Help Identify this part

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was sitting quite a while so I suppose that could be a possibility, I never experienced that before. I put the oil in there to see if it am definitely a difference in compression to check the rings and it brought it right back to life. It IMMEDIATELY fired up afterwards.

Run it a while, then recheck. Then it will be as it was before.
Then re add some oil and sell it!!!

Run it a while, then recheck. Then it will be as it was before.
Then re add some oil and sell it!!!
I will do that but before it wouldn't even start at all. Now it starts with one half-assed pull and runs strong. But I'm gonna check it today

So here it is, cold engine pressure test.
be2a63034cf8e69bbce1717375923968.jpg

160 psi

Check comp. again now that it has burned excess oil off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I acquired a really nice Echo CS330T and was breaking it down to clean and go over. Removed the carb, pull start and top little cover. This piece below came out upon disassembly and I am miffed as to where it goes? I'm assuming on the linkage for the carb some where? I also open the top handle where the linkage connects there also.
I do not see this on am IPL anywhere
cb031b402bbbff766dc28d1e92c6867c.jpg
6eb83de23d61a18a7817b3f153b0466b.jpg
66d0aabb8b086c3a48587ef86a540b1e.jpg

That part appears to be a pulse line collar (I think that's what it's for) - Part number V359000060 - Diagram H, part 27 on this page http://www.ereplacementparts.com/echo-cs330t-09001001-09999999-chainsaw-parts-c-35043_35970_36014.html

It's similar to this from a CS-350TES (the only picture i could find) http://www.ereplacementparts.com/adaptor-p-1655009.html.

That part appears to be a pulse line collar (I think that's what it's for) - Part number V359000060 - Diagram H, part 27 on this page http://www.ereplacementparts.com/echo-cs330t-09001001-09999999-chainsaw-parts-c-35043_35970_36014.html

It's similar to this from a CS-350TES (the only picture i could find) http://www.ereplacementparts.com/adaptor-p-1655009.html.
That is exactly it!!!! I was looking at the IPL yesterday and saw that part also and said "I think that has to be it" but couldn't find a picture to conform it and today forgot all about it. BUT RIO95, your the man!!!!
I can't believe no none else saw that before. Thank you for your help, I will be pulling the carb off tomorrow and sure it's gonna be it.

Check comp. again now that it has burned excess oil off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That recheck was done after making numerous cuts with it. There is no possibility there is any excess oil in the cylinder before I did the recheck.

But as for the origonal request at identifying that part....
c7a775c117651fcfb0c87d04bcd841e7.jpg
7fe7aa45b92168e766a5f1b781ccae99.jpg

BOOM!!!!!! Woop there it is!!!
And the prize goes to RIO95! Thanks again

But the best part is, when I go to retrieve it out of the box.....it's NOT there. Those F $##$ gremlins took it, so I go and open my garage to start the search and the little shi@ is sitting on my driveway outside the garage!!! How the hell it got there is beyond me!!! Buy when I found it, I carried it like a found newborn to the bench!!!

Ok, now that she running right ..with all her parts. How does clearing the muffler of the cat help out this saw? Anyone have any experience with this model and MM.

Ok, now that she running right ..with all her parts. How does clearing the muffler of the cat help out this saw? Anyone have any experience with this model and MM.

Takes a die-grider and some patience, but it's well worth it! Also, the carb inlet from the air filter has a smaller hole in it than the carb. Open up that and you'll see a huge improvement in throttle response. Be sure to pull the carb limiters and re-tune. Mine was dangerously lean out of the box as well. It's tricky to tune with no load due to the limited ignition coil, so in-the-cut tuning is key.

Once you gut the muffler and open the carb jets you'll have a nice little top handle. The plastic part is to keep the pulse line from turning and falling off the nipple. Cliff did a thread on how he did his 330t muffler, but I think the pics are gone. Once you get the muffler off the engine and into your hands, you will see what has to be done. The muffler has a tiny little exit and internal baffle that needs to be opened up.

On the same saw, the Carb is a WT 739. Just rebuilt she carb with a k20 wat kit, but still having a hard to start issue. Saw on the Bay a person selling a replacement wt 1015-1 for the 739??
Hey brother I just picked up a 330t for a good price, saw looks almost new. She fires up but bogs out with the throttle .
Is the k20 way the correct gasket kit for that carb?

Back