help identifying bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numnutz6383

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble deciphering what mount this bar is. I've searched google using different combinations of queries of numbers etc but haven't come up with anything.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

It is a Windsor UX bar that will fit the big Jonsereds, Pioneer P series, etc. If you are needing .058 he has those also.

I don't know- no Windsor code breaker here- but the bar in question looks to be D009 (Oregon code) mount to me, not the larger 10mm stud old Jonsered mount and is from the 20## 21## series of Jonsered that all ran D009 in larger than 60cc saws.

Here is the catalog. As I said the catalog calls it a UXL and your bar says UX.

Windsor bar.jpg

Hmm, I'm a little confused, your image indicates UXL would fit a 910 but looking at Acres' site D024 cross references to Windsor JR/WJR. I don't see UX anywhere on there. So is the bar from my OP a D024?

I dont think so- I scaled up the image and held a D009 bar tail over it- fits near perfect.
Not sure if any of my 20 odd Jonsereds are still wearing factory bars- but I might go look to see if any have UX stampings.

The Windsor book is from 1984-85 and I believe the company was out of business about 5 years later

So did you buy the bar?
Negative. Primarily because...
Or even ask a question on the auction of the seller and if they themselves can confirm the tail pattern of the bar advertised, before buying with fingers crossed?
When I asked, the seller did not answer my question, or follow ups.
Screenshot_2023-09-24-15-42-19-22_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg
Screenshot_2023-09-24-15-42-24-38_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

Or even ask a question on the auction of the seller and if they themselves can confirm the tail pattern of the bar advertised, before buying with fingers crossed?
Well as both you and the OP know you definitely want to get the right bar as the shipping to our friends to the south is not cheap.

Well as both you and the OP know you definitely want to get the right bar as the shipping to our friends to the south is not cheap.

OP is in the lower 48 and I am on the other side of the Pacific Ocean?
Plus I do not want to buy any bars off of fleabay....... so that is perhaps a mute point.

If I were, for my money the bar in the original post photographs is D009 bar tail stud mount pattern.

OP is in the lower 48 and I am on the other side of the Pacific Ocean?
Plus I do not want to buy any bars off of fleabay....... so that is perhaps a mute point.

If I were, for my money the bar in the original post photographs is D009 bar tail stud mount pattern.
Yes indeed he is. I had him confused with a different poster:dumb2:

Back