Husqvarna 61 clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndySP

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,is there a good method of refitting a new spring to this type of clutch?I have googled and searched youtube but haven't found what I'm looking for.61 clutch.jpg

Hi,is there a good method of refitting a new spring to this type of clutch?I have googled and searched youtube but haven't found what I'm looking for.View attachment 1156128
Assemble the first two shoes and the spring. Put the thing in a vice with the assembled shoes facing down. Make sure the vice doesn't grab on the nut, but slow it on the arms, so nothing can move. Put the spring in the groove of the third shoe and push/pry it on. Wear gloves and safety squints.

Hi,is there a good method of refitting a new spring to this type of clutch?I have googled and searched youtube but haven't found what I'm looking for.View attachment 1156128
There is a cone shaped tool that a few manufacturers have made through the years to help install the, garter, type springs onto clutch shoes, one early type was used by Pioneer but I have seen others through the years. The base of the cone was approx the size of the outer arms of the clutch spider with the top being much smaller diameter wise , the spring would just slide down expanding as it went, slip the spring into a shoe one at a time then pull the cone out while holding the shoes down and they sprang back into the spider arms. I have had no difficulty installing them and not using the cone tool, just do one at a time.

Back