Help!! Logger wants to cut down my trees!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Treeslayer2003, thank you for the great advice! It's good to have someone on here helping me out. I will pass on your words to my parents, and hopefully we will actually see this logger again along with the $2000 check! We'll find out on Friday. It makes me feel a lot better knowing you feel like this guy is being honest. Thank you again!!

Let us know how this whole thing turns out.

I would consider using the wood for myself as firewood and maybe selling it as firewood. Also 10 acres of hardwood might be a good spot for hunting.

I had some stands of pines thinned and had an acre clear cut so that I could put in some fruit trees and green fields for deer.

I like trying to look into the future and deciding what I want out of the land for profit as well as recreation.

Whatever you decide to do make sure that you have it is writing and there is a clear understanding of what is going to be done. Cut trees and damaged trees can not be replaced.

If the young lady has been truly r-u-n-n-o-f-t by you big rude boys and Grrrl... Has anybody ever heard of that? It would seem to not be worth the risk to trespass and steal in broad daylight with a chainsaw, skidder and a truck. You wouldn't get lucky and have the owner's sleep thru the operation too many times, and if even one person decides to call the cops rather than taking the promised "$2000 next Friday", you'd be looking at jail time.

no, not in this day and time. 30 years ago maybe, and still some got sued out of bness. now not getting what you should happens all the time even with big mill jobs. that's why I always say get several loggers to price it. competition drives price.

Here is my story about a local logger.We had some straight line winds come through my property.A bunch of hemlock was blown over.They were way to big for my tractor to pull out so I thought I would hire a logger to pull the logs out for me since I was going to have the logs sawn for a barn.I talk to the guy on the phone and ask him if he just hires his skidder out by the hour or day.He said YES i do.I ask him a price and he said $110/thou bd feet.This was a few yrs ago.He shows up and we go walking down my wood road.My wood roads could almost be driven by a front wheel drive car.Well I show him the trees.On the way back he says lets go up this way through the woods.I tell him I do not want anymore roads through my woods,but he insists.We walk back and when we get back to the house he tells me that he will cut out my oak and cherry and bring out some of the hemlock for me.He also then tells me that he does not just bring out wood like he originally said on the phone.He had a pickup truck that was held together with ratchet straps and his skidder did not look much better.He was also complaining that he was not working at the time since his skidder needed a $600 part for the winch.Apparently if he could not come up with $600 to repair his skidder,he should not be calling himself a logger.I told him no thanks not interested in selling.He did call me back in 6 months and said he would drag my logs out but I had told him I found a real logger.

Yeah that kinda of "Stuff" happens around here in Illinois and Missouri all of the time.
You have these hard up druggie fly-by-night so-called loggers more or less stealing timber from old folks and people in general.
I guess now that hardwood timber prices are up the rats come crawling out of the woodwork.
The Conservation Cops in my area are busting these clowns on a daily basis. Just like Scrap Metal thieves these maggots will steal your trees for timber and/or firewood.
The lady should take the advice given and go with it.
Missouri was one of the first Conceal and Carry States and if you see "Bigfoot The Monster" stealing your trees guess what................Shoot first, ask questions later.

Latest posts

Back