Help me decide Dolmar 5100 vs Husky 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;)I've never run a Dolmar myself(no dealers close that I know of) but I'd sure like to try it to compare it to my 346. I replaced my 260pro(with the 346) after repeated starting and idling issues. Best move I could have made. Very, very pleased with it. By the way, the 346 is NOT merely a limbing saw. That's BS. It's a fanatstic saw for bucking firewood up to 14". Makes all my buddies' 290's look inferior. Stihlheads may not like it but it is what it is. Just a few words from a former Stihlhead!!!;)

You ought to call it quits early today, Cale. Looks like you hooked quite a few lurkers. Today might be your lucky day at the lake.

I vote for Echo 305, Woodshark, or "Homelite" 23av. Your choice.

I can't believe I wasted my 2500th post on this.

I have a 5 gallon water jug I've been collecting loose change in, and I took it to the coinstar machine today. I have 498.37$ to spend on a 50cc Pro saw, which would be a better use of my loose change a Dolmar 5100 or Husky 346xp?

I like the silver clutch cover on the 346xp, but the black top cover on the 5100 is nice, which one should I buy based on this information?

Make it easy flip one of those coins and that will give you your best answer! :cheers:

I have two ported 346s(OE) and they run and handle great. I use them for limbing primarily but they will do what ever you ask. I purchased a 5100s out of curiosity. It's a tad heavier and handles a tad different. It was real tite when new and at first I was a little disapointed. At or around the fifth tank it came alive. I also muffler ported it and pulled the limiter caps. It runs great and it does have more torque than my 346 OEs. I most likely will not purchase a 346 NE as I cannot justify it. However the 5100 runs so good I did put another one on layaway at my dealer. I use 246s w/18" bars for tite limbing and the 346s w/20" when the space opens up. The 5100 I use as a power limbing saw (for larger wood) so that I do not have to dirty up the 359 or 262.Take your choice, they are both good.

HAHA! Nice work Cale. I agree with Tim, get offa here and go fishin or buy some lotto tickets

Buy a MS261 and be happy ........
Just get the 261, spray the clutch cover silver, the top black, and the recoil red. You will have the best off all brands:dizzy:

I wonder how many have figured out that this thread is a joke to make phun of all the "what saw should I buy" threads.

I caught that right away, and thought Banacanin's reply was one of the funniest things I've read on this forum (which has some REALLY funny guys on it) since I signed on. :) :)

Gol damn duplicate post. Must have hit the submit button twice or something. :dizzy:

Last edited:
I know, buy both send em to me, and I'll send u back a ms260. I'll let you know which one I think runs better. Deal?

I have a 5 gallon water jug I've been collecting loose change in, and I took it to the coinstar machine today. I have 498.37$ to spend on a 50cc Pro saw, which would be a better use of my loose change a Dolmar 5100 or Husky 346xp?

I like the silver clutch cover on the 346xp, but the black top cover on the 5100 is nice, which one should I buy based on this information?

Hey you have $498.37 to spend you got enough there to get a DCS6401 from Baileys for $495 and you would have around $3 in change which gives a bit extra CC's for your bucks

Joke thread or no joke thread, I have the 346XP, havn't cut a twig with it yet. I hate the silver clutch cover, thinking of spending 55 or so dollars and getting me a OEM orange clutch cover from Baileys. Thing should have been all orange to begin with, dang. REJ2

Joke thread or no joke thread, I have the 346XP, havn't cut a twig with it yet. I hate the silver clutch cover, thinking of spending 55 or so dollars and getting me a OEM orange clutch cover from Baileys. Thing should have been all orange to begin with, dang. REJ2

By, Gosh, I think would annoy me also. Maybe they could have put bike reflectors on it too!

You should use the search function, you might be able to read through your own arguments for both. BTW, good joke Blood. I think you should go with the new Mac I saw on here the other night, looks much more unique than those other saws your always yacking about.:biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back