Help Me Decide Which Chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not think anyone has mentioned a Home Depot Dolmar / Makita from their tool rental. That may not be an option for the OP unless there's an HD close to his place. But they seem like really well made 60 cc class saws. And they go for $300 plus tax here. I picked up a really nice one for a friend last fall.

I just purchased a 562XP with the AutoTune jazz and a 24" bar about a week ago. I can't complain about it at all. It's not too heavy. Handles the 24" bar very well. I wanted a 372XP but I got, what I believe is a hell of a deal, on the 562. It rang up for 650$. Even though I've only got about a weeks time running on it, I'd recommend it to anyone.

I do not think anyone has mentioned a Home Depot Dolmar / Makita from their tool rental. That may not be an option for the OP unless there's an HD close to his place. But they seem like really well made 60 cc class saws. And they go for $300 plus tax here. I picked up a really nice one for a friend last fall.

I second this. Delaware HD sold two for $215 each. I was a week late to the party so had to find and buy one for $265 in MD. It's in great shape.

Or take the $500 and buy a bunch of older Poulans! Get a few primary saws and backup saws for the backups.

Latest posts

Back