Help me identify this old Mc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb_250y

Reaction score
Can anyone help with info on this old Mc, As i was given it & don't know anything about it. Think it is direct drive no centrifugal clutch & still runs although chain is a little stretched.
All help appreciated

Age-
Engine Size-
Any other details-

Thanks in advance

Stuart

A tough one...

That's a toughie! Mac made a boatload of saws in that style. Looks a little older than my Mac 550 (1968).

Most likely a later model 250.Flip the old buzzard on it's back and read the numbers on the sides of the stuffer box,then report back here.,I would put a large sum of money that someone will be able to ID it. :)

See,I told ya,someone would pick up on it.Oh,by the way ,a 250,and a 1-53 are about the same saw.It's all good,as long as it's yellow. :)

Al Smith said:
It's all good,as long as it's yellow. :)

Now, now, Al, we all know red is better that yellow but if red touches yellow it will kill a fellow.

Bill

Now, now, Al, we all know red is better that yellow

You hit the nail right on the head that time old mate as you said it's a 1-53 i have one but it's in bits, i bought an old 380 today it's much the same to look at.

Gday Dean i see you have a PM800 up for auction sorry but i already have 2 and 1 is near new runs as sweet as a Mc nut.

Thanks for the boot rubber Al and your right the postal service was magic faster than a speeding bullet.

Mc Bob.

if this is any use to you bob sing out i have 2 of them,the other one is in worse nick.
attachment_24105.php

attachment_24106.php

Last edited:
Might be interested if the price is right as i grab these for spares.
What model is written on the aircleaner housing ??

PM me back and i might be interested in both it all depends on the freight from your place to Orange California 92867

Mc Bob.

bob theres no price tag,just reimburse me for the shipping,im in victoria old mate!

250 on the cleaner.my bro does interstate i might be able to get him to drop em at a road house or put the billy on for him and i dare say he'll drop em off for ya.

Sounds great old mate old buddy,just either let me know the postage costs or let me know you brothers drop off point and i'll pick it up from there.

Mc Bob.

The billy is a boiling !!!!!

hes going to put them in his trailers tool locker and drop them off.where is convienient on the main road?

Does he go through Hexham ? If so i could meet him at Hungry Jacks that's right at the bridge before he heads off north to Brisbane or where ever.
Or you or he can call me on 02 49 362093 for other arrangements if needed.

Many thanks A_lopa

Mc Bob.

Sorry Paz.

Speed is of the utmost importance it's the same as when i race there's no room for that other place after First, notice i don't even use the word.

A Mac a day keeps the Stihl's away.

Mc Bob.

You couldn't ask for more than this to happen A_Lopa, after all our best made plans i cannot get in contact with you mate with the truck.
Reasons;
1 Telstra has repaired lines in our area and mine doesn't work as of yesterday the phone is dead.

2. When i rang your mate i got diverted to his message bank in Victoria or where ever.

3. He cannot contact me as the phone according to telstra won't be back on for at least two days till the techo's who buggered it get back to fix it.

Mate i might have to try and catch him on the return journey, unless he just drops it off at the BP servo which i'll ring and see if they can help in having the saw left there but i don't know your mates name or type of truck.

Mc Bob.
When all falls to xxxx it does in a big way.

Back