Help me pick a long bar saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You answered your own question, Buy the biggest saw for 500 or 600 bucks you can find.
Perfectly said.
Get whatever brand you like the best, either get a project like most of us do, or buy one that already works.
BUT.. Get the biggest you can afford.
There is no replacement for displacement.

I use a 28" on my 660 with very good results. Weighs more than the lower "cc" saws but the extra torque and speed is worth it to me. Might be hard to find a good used 660 within your price range. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies guys. Gives me something to consider. Sounds like I will save my money and wait for a decent deal on a 660, possibly a 460 if the right deal came along. I don't need it very often like I said, but it sure would put me into some good wood from time to time that most around here have to walk away from.

the one and only husqavarna 395xp I have one and a 36" bar is no problem maybe a 288 xp/390xp same performance just better a/v egronamics(390) my 288 will handle a 36" pretty well too

390 is a good bit lighter. I'll run them as my small saw sometimes.

lot of mixed opinions on bars and wood types ,you may have to just try one in what you are cutting and see if it works for what you need ,out west 28-32 inch is very common on the 044/440 where back east 20-25 seems more common ,more depends what works for you i would say

Latest posts

Back