Help need to verify chipper manufacturer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfyrcr

Reaction score
I bought a older PTO driven Chipper I have broken the drive line to the feeder. I'm trying to find on but it is hard to do when I don't know who made it. Can any one help me. I have attached a picture. Thanks

This is a machete chipper I think

Has anyone ever used a machete chipper if so where is a good place to find parts or information on them. THANKS

kfyrcr, I know nothing about your chipper but you may find thad the cheapest fix will be a welding/machine shop.

chipper possible ID

When you say "drive line" do you mean the PTO shaft itself? If the shaft is bent or broken, I have had success sleeving a piece of Schedule 40 electric conduit pipe over it and arc welding it back together. This happened to my rotary cutter (bush hog) and has held up for years and I can still cut 4" trees and brush with it. Even did this on my Jeep front driveshaft that tuned into a pretzle.

You can also buy new driveshafts from Tractor Supply Co. or any tractor dealer--just be sure to bring your old as there a miriad of lengths, sizes and yokes to contend with.

From the side yours looks like my Promark 6" which is gas driven by a 24 hp Honda. It was made in 1989. Promark was bought by Gravely (called Gravely-Promark) then sold to MB Manufacturing in Wisconsin (not sure what they call it now). They are still in business and make some of Home Depot's rental chippers.
If you need a ph. number let me know (I don't have it handy right now).

BTY my chipper is mounted on the front of a large-capacity chipper dump trailer. It's for sale for $4900 The page containing the pics is http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/308...g=1109374352029 [email protected]

Back