Help needed wirh Oregon bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul hill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hoping someone might know what the specs are on this bar.

Oregon 208ATMD007

Helping a friend with his saw, Jonsered 625, and this bar is on it. I almost didn't get the chain off because there wasn't enough adjustment left to get much slack in the chain.

It has a 50 gauge chain on it and was wondering if that is correct for this bar (seems correct) and what the drive link count should be?

I believe the 8 in the serial # is 58 gauge. Since it's a hard nose bar the chain needs to be whatever pitch your sprocket is. A 20" in 3/8ths is usually 72 drive links. Also, check your mount. If I remember correctly the 635 is a D009, large husky, mount. That may be the reason for your fitment problems.

Yes, the bar is .058 and don't have the correct mount pattern, even though it is close (shoukld be a little sloppy around the bar bolts).

As it looks, the culprit could be the dl count, or maybe the adjuster holes are a little off for the powerhead.

Thanks for the info guys. The oil hole matches up but the whole thing doesn't seem to fit the way it should. Makes sense that its the wrong bar

It is a 72 DL chain but way too tight. Definitely not enough. Once I got it off, I noticed the bar tension screw is bent too.

I'm going to start over with a new tension screw as well as bar and chain. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Back