Help Needed with old Stihl model

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eat'n beans Split'n jeans

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello Folks out there.
I am in desperate need of some wisdom on older Stihl models. I luckily came across this beauty and i am trying to figure out what model it is.
It has no other distinguishing model marks. It has a Tiltson carb dated 1963. The local Stihl shop was …not at all helpful, i am up in Northern B.C Canada, and a few of the good 'ol boys think it may be in the 070 , 090 family?
Piston is still great, no scoring, has compression , and after hours of me scrubbing and cleaning she turned out as you see. ( cant wait to get her ripp'n! )
Any body have guess or hopefully know what she is??? Also it is a star drive not sprocket, and i am missing the pull start
If anyone has extra parts that will fit this i would 100% buy them now
Please help
Thank you for your time in advance

Attachments

• DSC03020.JPG
    DSC03020.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC03021.JPG
    DSC03021.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC03022.JPG
    DSC03022.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • DSC03023.JPG
    DSC03023.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC03024.JPG
    DSC03024.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 24
Thanks a bunch all, doing some research on the model you folks mentioned and i think your all correct, got fooled by the white and orange thinking it was a stihl, i never had any knowledge of the Solo saws. I'm new around here so wasn't sure where to look for parts. Thank you for pointing me in a direction.
Looking forward to gett'n er up and ripp'n!

Latest posts

Back