Help on Husky part identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
I have a bunch of used Husqvarna saw parts here that I am not sure what they fit. There are tanks, handlebars, covers, brake handles/clutch covers, etc. Most are at least 20 years old pulled from parts saws. I am not sure what they fit. I will eventually put most in the trading post but of course proper identification is key. I think the tank is from a 272 or similar. The stamped number is 5016991. The handlebar I am not sure on. I do not see a number on it other than on the plastic piece at the bottom and that is 5035863. What do you think?H1.JPGH2.JPGT1.JPGT2.JPGT3.JPG

If that full wrap handle is for 266 series. It has some decent value for it

If that full wrap handle is for 266 series. It has some decent value for it
I am thinking the handle came off my 272 that I bought years ago. I was frustrated with the difficulty of pulling the bar cover off to change chains. I put a 1/2 wrap on it. That 272 is long since retired to the shelf so I should probably put it back the way it was new. I dug out some more parts tonight to ID.

Somehow I deleted my own post. This is a couple top covers. M773 and 503406001 The smaller one says 40cc and I think the other is off a 272 but I am not sure.Top Cover 1.JPGTop cover 2.JPGTop cover 3.JPGtop cover 4.JPGTop cover 5.JPGTop cover 6.JPG

Everything you show, is OLD, and a $10 eBay item. Put it all in a flat-rate box, and wheel it for the shipping. All this post does is cloud the real issue; its a bunch of useless old parts.....
I do not agree. What is the issue? Do you have some sort of issue?

Bill, post #8 top covers- the smaller looks to be 36-142 consumer grade clamshell type- you mention 40cc so guess around 142?
The other cover is a 268/272 type as they were the only ones to have the round air duct tube on the left hand side.

Post #9 looks to be a 281/288 clutch cover- but in my eyes the brake flag is incorrect- however I am no expert and early models for other than my home market may well have had different flags. However I could use this one if you send it over for free :p

Post #10 looks to be 40-45 , will do some service manual checks and get back to that one.

Post #11 I am leaning towards 44 or 444 but will get back to that one.

Bill, post #8 top covers- the smaller looks to be 36-142 consumer grade clamshell type- you mention 40cc so guess around 142?
The other cover is a 268/272 type as they were the only ones to have the round air duct tube on the left hand side.

Post #9 looks to be a 281/288 clutch cover- but in my eyes the brake flag is incorrect- however I am no expert and early models for other than my home market may well have had different flags. However I could use this one if you send it over for free :p

Post #10 looks to be 40-45 , will do some service manual checks and get back to that one.

Post #11 I am leaning towards 44 or 444 but will get back to that one.
I'd say #9 is a 272 cover, 288 has the upper rear corner clipped off of the sticker area.

Back