Help ordering labonville chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 10 Ply are coded as competition Chaps. Would the 6 Ply not be enough for general cutting safety? I am now running pro saws and am looking for better chaps. I am wearing the husky ones that are sold at Lowes. The videos that Labonville has really made me wonder if I am actually protected or not.

The 10 Ply are coded as competition Chaps. Would the 6 Ply not be enough for general cutting safety? I am now running pro saws and am looking for better chaps. I am wearing the husky ones that are sold at Lowes. The videos that Labonville has really made me wonder if I am actually protected or not.

Plum creek and other logging companies use the 6 ply.

I used the Labonville 6-ply for over 2 years and I really like them. They aren't as puffy as Elvex, but they rely on a different chain stopping medium inside the shell.

I've never tried the 10-ply but I imagine they'd be too hot and stiff for the type of cutting I do in the forest and hills. If all I did was buck wood on a landing, maybe I'd consider the 10-ply.

Thanks for the replies on t he 10 vs 6 ply. I am heading up to North Conway to see what they have in the store.

I've had the 6-ply Labonville full-wraps for the last several months and really like them.

thats what i just ordered the other day
6 ply full wraps in green
i was thinking about the 10 ply - but i already soak through my underwear/jeans with sweat as is, with no chaps, i figure the 6 ply are much better than no ply:greenchainsaw:

I cut here in Southern Colorado in elevations running between 7750' – 10,000’. A hot day here runs about 80 degrees, with a real scorcher's hitting 90 degrees.

I use the 10x Labenville, and don't feel they are excessively hot. They are certainly pliable, and there is no restriction of movement when wearing them.

I also believe them to be safer with the extra ply’s of Kevlar.

Just my opinion, take it for what it’s worth,

Richard

Back