Help picking out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateleeWi

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok so looking at getting a band mill that I can use as a side business. I've done the research but it's coming down to price. Looking at woodmizer lt40 with accuset lathe and resaw attachments it's close to 38.5k minus tax and crap. I want all the hydraulic feature for easy and the attachments for a variety of uses to maximize profit. But it coming done to trying to swing that much and convincing the wife that all that is necessary. I feel like the hydra is important even though I'm young and not afraid of work but I have R. Arthritis. And over working worsens it. Does anybody know of different brands that I could look into that would be cheaper ? Or give any insights or things to consider. Thanks

Yeah. My thing hopefully will be a cross between logging and sawing. Find people that need both done. Cut and saw theirs. Log if sawing is slow or vice versa. There is people near me with mills but no advertisement just gotta know someone. And of course I'm in the area with Biewer sawmill so finding quality wood is hard as most people sell to them so getting a load even as firewood can be tough. I don't know. Just trying to make a change in my career. I love working out side and just need something different. It's this or buy a pulp truck for 60k and drive my arse off I can't make window trim forever lol

Latest posts

Back