HELP! Stihl MS170 Throttle linkage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echampee

Reaction score
Bought a Stihl MS170 before xmas. Worked fine for a while. Currently on location building sets. Today I went to use it. Started up fine but when I squeezed the throttle, nothing happened. It was running, but no throttle. I saw that the throttle is a bent piece of metal that ends in a 'U' shaped hook, but the hook was not attached to anything. Should it be? And is it possible to re-connect it without taking the whole thing apart? Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Thanks, but...

The .pdf files are a big help. I removed the handle cover, but it doesn't look like I can re-attach the throttle rod without removing the air filter, which I don't have the tools for here on location. Still, thanks for the info.

Thanks, but...

The .pdf files are a big help. I removed the handle cover, but it doesn't look like I can re-attach the throttle rod without removing the air filter, which I don't have the tools for here on location. Still, thanks for the info.

Back