Help! They're Tearing Down My Trees Tomorrow!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't read all 3 articles word for word....but didn't see someone qualified telling them ahead to remove the trees.
What articles? The dribble you searched out online? Do you even have any idea where I am talking about?

First of all, I think the word you are wanting to use is "drivel."
"Dribble" is what you wipe off your chin.

Yes, I saw the tree, in the video recorded by the news crew, posted along with one of those articles.
Also saw and heard the "arborist" talking about the tree.

Now that we've established where this happened, please answer the question ATH asked you after you made this claim...
You say....
First of all, I think the word you are wanting to use is "drivel."
"Dribble" is what you wipe off your chin......

Well you are not correct. I meant dribble. It is reference to how some like to only provide a small amount of the facts or information. That is DRIBBLE ie small amount. I do not know what you personally wipe off your chin so I cannot comment on that. I have known some to drool on their chin but those are normally folks with serious medical conditions.

You say .......Yes, I saw the tree, in the video .... So when were you here to see it?

You say.....answer the question ATH asked you after you made this claim.......
I did in the post above by posting the FOLLOW UP but to be a bit more specific Donald O'Shea.

Then read the articles. It will not say it as they were written immediately following it when all were in CYA mode. Take a look at the foll-ups. What was the result?

https://qctimes.com/news/local/govt...cle_581952dc-6d89-5898-ada3-c1034791f7a6.html
paywall...

It really is a simple question to what I thought was a simple statement. Who said they have to remove the tree? you can find somebody to say any tree where a carpenter ant is observed that it should come down. I hear people say all the time that "any tree within striking distance of any house should be removed" Others who think that any tree where people gather should be removed.

They settled. That is different than losing a trial for negligent liability. I don't know the laws in IL...but in OH, even if a perfectly sound tree fails, but the city/township/county/state (whoever is responsible) can't show that they have exercised a duty of care expected looking for and limiting hazards, they could still end up on the wrong side of a law suit.

So, "who said" (and the circumstances around that opinion) are very relevant to the discussion. In the OP, for example, perhaps the school principal said the tree should be removed because it lost a branch and it might loose another. But the city may have brought in a qualified arborist who evaluated the tree and determined it posed a lower risk so the city decided to leave it???

It's not illegal to cut a tree in NYC. There is a process for a private party to cut down a tree. The city of NY can and regularly cut trees and they do have certified arborists on staff. They even have 2 here in the watershed area of the cities water supply . And they just cut at least 100 ash trees on city of NY property at the Rondout reservoir. Hundreds more at the Ashokan all owned and part of NYC

Many people dont realise that there are dry wells all around the city to water the trees along the roads these were all done in the design of the city. If they didnt have these interconnected water sources the only place that would have trees would be Central park and few lots with soil not all asphalt and concrete.

I cannot imagine living in a place like that we have way too much regulation here let alone what it would be like in NYC or other large cities

Are you here to only hinder or are you here to help? And don't turn this into some stupid semantic game DUDE!

Francis Dude G. Isn’t here to Help anyone, or offer any Constructive Advice. Francis is only here to Entertain himself, by being Nasty to people he doesn’t know.

But then, those that do know him, probably Avoid him, so here he is

Doug

Francis Dude G. Isn’t here to Help anyone, or offer any Constructive Advice. Francis is only here to Entertain himself, by being Nasty to people he doesn’t know.

But then, those that do know him, probably Avoid him, so here he is

Doug
Yes I see people are noticing.Nobody likes a smart ass!

Latest posts

Back