Help tune a carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NvrDwn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I have a carb with no caps so its fully adjustable. The thing is the carb was completely broken down and I dont know how far to turn each of the three to be close to the factory settings. Is there an easy way to do this, for example screw it all the way down then back 3 full turns??

Thanks.

You’ll want to look up what saw it belongs to and find the factory settings for it. So if it says 1 turn out, then turn it all the way in (gently) then turn it out 1 full turn. I believe some carbs will have different factory settings even if they go on the same saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ll want to look up what saw it belongs to and find the factory settings for it. So if it says 1 turn out, then turn it all the way in (gently) then turn it out 1 full turn. I believe some carbs will have different factory settings even if they go on the same saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its a 361. So stihl has this info on their website?

No matter the saw I always start with 1 to 1.25 turns out on the L and H. Then i go from there. The Idle screw i start off by turning it most of the way out (not contacting carb anymore) then i turn it in just to the point that it touches the throttle.

Thats my starting point.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Back