help with a paper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlBoy440

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey guys I am going back to college and I have a little compare and contrast paper to be written and I figured why not compare and contrast chainsaws, I want use Stihl and Husqvarna, any key differences that could be compared or contrasted would be great I know the anti vibe will be one but I need atleast 2 more, thanks1

I would think about where they all sell. Husky sells at home depot and so on, stihls dont, and y do they do this know one will ever know.LOL
Jack

thanks for the reply I did not even think about that how Husqvarna can be sold online and at home depot, good idea thanks! guys keep the ideas coming maybe someone with engine knowledge can add something in here

Air filtration is another main diffence between the two. I kind of like husky's air injection idea myself.
Bob

Are you comparing chainsaws or chainsaw companies? If you're going to compare chainsaws then you might want to start by identifying which chainsaws you are comparing. Specific models, not just another stupid 'Ford vs Chevy' comparison.

MS-310 said:
I would think about where they all sell. Husky sells at home depot and so on, stihls dont, and y do they do this know one will ever know.LOL
Jack
Husky sells at Lowes not Home Depot. And they only sell consumer level saws stopping at the 359. Stihl dealers in my area suck, thats why I bought a Husky 365 special from my local dealer.

I knew skwerl would have to chime in he always corrects my grammar it seems. So what pro model saw could I campare I know a little about the MS440 and even though the 372XP is no longer made it was nearly identical in size and performance why not just compare and contrast these 2, now we should get some ideas going, I need all the help I can get so guys chime in

Bad E said:
Husky sells at Lowes not Home Depot. And they only sell consumer level saws stopping at the 359. Stihl dealers in my area suck, thats why I bought a Husky 365 special from my local dealer.

Thats to bad your stihl dealer sucks, I got like 5 around a 25 mile rad.
Is home depot going to sell huskys cuz i thought.... wel never mind.
Jack

Stihlboy440

You may want to also note the distinction between companies that have gone public and Famely owned and operated companies.

Popa Stihl (Andria?) was a hard worker, that belived in dedacation and working relationships,,, he did what it took to keep his company in the Famely,,,,

While Husky sold out early to some vacuum cleaner makers,,,, things went foggy since then,,,,,

Sounds like it's going to be a cool paper!

When you get into the pure numbers of saws each company made, it will show very clearly what ethic works best!

Kevin

MS-310 said:
Thats to bad your stihl dealer sucks, I got like 5 around a 25 mile rad.
Is home depot going to sell huskys cuz i thought.... wel never mind.
Jack
Home Depot does NOT sell HUSQVARNAS!!!!!!Please restrain your ignorance. At least make an attempt at accuracy.

StihlBoy440 said:
I knew skwerl would have to chime in he always corrects my grammar it seems.

Pay attention, thank him, and get better grades on your papers.

Or not. It's your grade.

A comp I compare contrast? The professor is going to be concerned with your writing style/organization--not so much what you're comparing. You can sit down and completely fabricate the whole thing, and still get an A. Just use your own common sense. Just remember, the professor is going to read about half a million boring, formulaic essays, so keep that in mind. Humor is always appreciated.

I did the same thing when I was in college. If Ican find the paper I will e-mail it to you, but I think I lost it when my old computer crashed.

I agree mule but I am actually interested in this so I want be correct plus I am just writing a rough draft for him to look at then I can get the grammar right and hone how I present it to him. I am in a leap program so the grading is not so strict yet, but thanks!

Stihlboy, it's good you're writing about something you're interested in. Just remember, an assignment like this is not a research assignment. If you do research (such as this website), you're going to have to formally cite your sources to avoid plagiarism. Such a task is generally outside of the intended scope of a comp I essay. As such, you're almost always encouraged to write about what you know. Otherwise, your paper will be 10x harder to write.

Comparing companies. i.e corporate stucture between the two, differing polices and strategies would probably give you the most to write about and the most interesting paper.

Also the most work... Real reasearch, ouch

Hmm... Never thought about the technically correct way to site an online disscussion forum.

:cheers: :cheers:

Bad E said:
Home Depot does NOT sell HUSQVARNAS!!!!!!Please restrain your ignorance. At least make an attempt at accuracy.

Im so glad you know so much about where huskys are sold. Thanks alot again.
LOL

How about the Husqvarna 575 (that has the stratified air intake system for cleaner emissions) compared to a similar sized Stihl (440 I guess).

Why make such an engine? Are emissions from two stroke engines really significant in the big picture of hydrocarbon pollution? Is this just political correctness manifested as an engineering exercise?

I agree with reetooc555, most interesting diff between the two is the companies and their approach to the market. One is public the other is private. One must contribute to an earnings report every quarter, one only has to satisfy the interests of its private owners. Others have already talked aobut how they go to market. One MUST show constant market growth, the other is in more of a protection/harvest mode.

Have fun with this.

Also take a look at the geographical sales for each brand. Stihl saws are very popular out here on the West Coast, whereas the Husky sees more action in the Midwest and East Coast. I know there can be some exceptions to the rule, but about 90% of loggers in the PNW are runnin' Stihl. You don't see too many Husky saws in my neck of the woods.

Gary

Latest posts

Back