help with bucket truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamptontreeguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone could direct me to some good solid sites or place that sell bucket trucks. I am in the market for a truck which is around 55 to 60 ft. I know i need a truck that is osha certified and fully inspected. Also i know millage means little but the hours tells alot even though idling ins't as hard as driving but how many hours should an average truck with a good diesel be able to reach before an overhaul is needed as long as it was properly maintained and inspected yearly???? Please help people haha First truck self owned so just looking for a few words of wisdom!!!

A well maintained diesel engine like a dt 466 or t444e should get 300k to 350k without any major problems. I got my truck at schmidy's in Ill. Nice looking truck, but I had to spend some $ to get everything working well. Good luck!

I know those are great motors and you will get some good mileage with both of them but from an hour stand point how many hours should you be able to get out of a maintained truck???

Bucket Trucks

Sagon Trucks out of Atlanta, seem to a have fair deals, Bought one 3 Yrs ago, then again you always got to spend a little extra dough to get it running like you want.

I would first check the truck out. Something is always going to happen to the pto or hydro pump sooner or later, that's just part of business. When you do have to replace something you will learn then to take care of it, then beat it into your crews head not to abuse your equip.:greenchainsa

just listen when you kick the pto in, if its super quite it will last a while, If its way load and you can feel vibration, well you know the drill, Try some Lucas that stuff is great

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back