help with buying first rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be a dumb question

A while back, I bought a short piece of Forestry Pro from Wesspur. It was in their odd lengths section, so for a few bucks a picked up some. I figure it would be a cheap way to try out some new line, and I would end up making a lanyard from it. All in all, it isn't too bad, even works with my grigri and ascenders, odd for a 1/2 inch line. Here is the question: Why is this stuff listed on the website, but not in the catalog?

ok, extra little addition, heres hoping i havent messed up.

after a financial review, and numerous british climbers volunteering their liking for it, I ordered a length of XTC-12. £79 on special offer.

this morning i found somewhere doing Marlow Gecko 13mm in 35m with a sewn eye for £70

anybody got experience of the gecko? would you say I should stick with my existing order or change it if i can? Im getting the impression the yale spliced eyes are done at the factory and logged, whereas the ones in the gecko lines are done by the retailer. I may be wrong about that though.

thanks again

Jim

It sucks with a tenex eye to eye though, my opinion of course

Most everyone I have worked around in Northern Cal. uses
Safety Blue.
Safety Blue by New England Ropes is a premium 16 strand climbing line with a unique safety core which warns of excessive rope wear. White or orange available. It is worth the extra $

Latest posts

Back