Help with Echo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be so pissed beyond belief if this happened to my equipment.

You need to have a talk with this guy about repair or replacement costs and how much he plans on chipping in.

My co-worker asked if he could borrow one of my saws to block-up a fallen tree. First thing that came out of my mouth was "How big is the tree?" Second thing that came out of my mouth was, "Sure, but do you want to on-the-hook for an $800 chainsaw?". His eyes got real big, so I offered to run the saw for him and he bought me beer. I'd say it worked out just fine.

Weedeaterman has these pistons as well..now if they can get cylinders cheap..

http://www.weedeaterman.com/product_p/h31600.htm

Mine needs both..so it sits...

Although I might try one and clean the cylinder again and see what happens, got two places with plating gone. It's amazin' how fast cleaning with acid finds this out for you..... 25 and freight is cheap enough to see if it can be made to run at all.

You guys loaning out your expensive saws are just too nice, and perhaps a bit naive. If someone I know needs my saw, I go along with it and help out.
That or I steer them towards whatever rental shop may be in their area. It's been my experience that anything borrowed is never valued, and certainly not taken care of.
I think that's why they invented the Wild Thing.

Go to echo's website and download the PDF file for your manual and it will tell you the proper setting, I would also do a cylinder check, just in case he didn't use proper ratio

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help guys. I got it running good again, no damage to the piston. There's no talking to him, he's an idiot. He swears he loosened the lock nuts before trying to adjust the chain (yeah right) & that he only turned the adjustment screws because it wouldn't start right up after running out of gas (well no crap). My wife said just chalk it up as a lesson learned & never loan him anything again. I mean what kind of idiot trims hedges with a chainsaw ? What kind of idiot trys to cut vines out with a chainsaw that has a 20" bar on it.....I told him the reason the chain loosened & popped off was because the vines were grabbing the chain & pulled it off.

Your wife is correct so listen to her. Education always costs, and in this case could've cost you much more.
Thankfully things turned out okay for you.

I've learned that you can cut the Pampas grass down by using the top of the bar instead of the bottom. No clogging. It won't involve the Wild Thing this year, neighbor gave me a craftsman saw that had been sitting in water and stuck. I unstuck it and will use it for vines and stuff like that. I may have to replace the bearings though, making an awful noise..

I've learned that you can cut the Pampas grass down by using the top of the bar instead of the bottom. No clogging. It won't involve the Wild Thing this year, neighbor gave me a craftsman saw that had been sitting in water and stuck. I unstuck it and will use it for vines and stuff like that. I may have to replace the bearings though, making an awful noise..

Depends on the size of what you are cutting I guess. For stuff that "fits" gas hedge trimmers work better than saws for that chore, either regular ones or on a stick.

Depends on the size of what you are cutting I guess. For stuff that "fits" gas hedge trimmers work better than saws for that chore, either regular ones or on a stick.
I agree but I can't find a hedge trimmer for $5 or $10. The WT cost me $5 and the Craftsman was free. This is the heavy stuff, don't think a hedge trimmer would work anyway. This grass works better if you cut it down every year so I actually laid in a few extra cheapies in case the two saws don't cut it.

Back