help with evergreen tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam2234

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I have an evergreen in my yard, Im not sure which type. From pics I've found online is looks like a white spruce or a siberia spruce. To my knowledge the tree is over 50 years old and approx 60 or 80 feet in height. The problem is that the branches are dying from the bottom up. This has been happening for the last 6 - 7 years. Needless to say the poor tree looks terrible. I had it sprayed for bugs(of which I'm not sure it had) for 3 years and this did not improve anything. Someone else suggested it was due to a dry year, so we watered it with a 500 gallon tank numerous time and before winter, but nothing seems to be working. Anyway what I'd like to know is if this tree can be saved, or is just what heppens to trees of this age? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I would post a pic but dont know how. Sorry to be so long. Thanks

hard to tell from pics, could be cytospera, or a needle cast. Is there any oozing sap? close up of dying needles, and branches may help with id.

Thanks for answering, what is it that think the tree has? I know nothing about trees. Is that a disease of insect infestation?
Have other pics but my daughter posted the last one, she's not home right now but I will try. sam

Latest posts

Back